Commercial: Lexus RC Comes to Europe

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-15-lexus-rc-europe-commercial.jpg

Lexus Europe has released a new commercial introducing the RC coupe to the continent.
View the original article post

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Intriguing...:no_mouth:
Lexus in the U.S. is "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection".
Lexus in Europe is "Amazing In Motion".
Quite a difference in tag lines and brand messaging.:idea:

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Intriguing...:no_mouth:
Lexus in the U.S. is "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection".
Lexus in Europe is "Amazing In Motion".
Quite a difference in tag lines and brand messaging.:idea:

Yes, indeed it is. 'The Pursuit of Perfection' has been used for years in Europe, but together with a new branding and younger image styling Lexus International adopted the brand campaign 'Amazing in Motion' which has been adopted by Lexus in Europe as tag line.
Personally, I think it wasn't a bad idea to change, even if the 'Pursuit of Perfection' tag was a big more clear and straightforward.
Lexus Europe at a certain point launched the Creating Amazing idea, which then was followed with the new tag Amazing in Motion, as Lexus International launched the brand campaign internationally (with different campaigns like 'Strobe', 'Swarm', 'Steps' or last year's 'Slide' with that hoverboard)

This is the initial brand commercial from 'Creating Amazing', 3 years ago:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Maybe I just read too much Lexus Enthusiast (is that possible?), but I could swear I've seen some "Amazing in Motion" messaging in the US. Maybe not, though.

What struck me most about the European ad was the complete absence of the "Voice of Lexus" we hear in all the US ads. Does anyone know who that is? It would be fun to have him on the LE podcast sometime.

Reactions: RAL

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I really like the song Lexus uses for this commercial, ‘Serious Craving’ by Ethel and the Chordtones.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
What struck me most about the European ad was the complete absence of the "Voice of Lexus" we hear in all the US ads. Does anyone know who that is? It would be fun to have him on the LE podcast sometime.

James Remar, I think

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
There have actually been two different "Voices of Lexus" in the U.S. The first (from the marque's launch in 1989 until 2009) was James Sloyan. Though primarily a voiceover artist, he is also a character actor best known for work in the Star Trek franchise. In 2009 he was let go by Lexus (allegedly for being "too old") and replaced, as Joe correctly noted, by James Remar. Mr. Remar is also a character actor, best known for his work as Richard Wright on Sex and the City and as Harry Morgan on Dexter.

For more on the two James that claimed the "Voice of Lexus" mantle, check out these links:

https://www.voices.com/resources/articles/celebrities/who-voices-the-new-lexus-ads

http://adage.com/article/adages/lexus-mocked-voice-artist-mitsubishi-ad/136963/

http://www.thebrandmanspeaks.com/20...oice-over-talent-picked-up-by-mitsubishi.html

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Yes, indeed it is. 'The Pursuit of Perfection' has been used for years in Europe, but together with a new branding and younger image styling Lexus International adopted the brand campaign 'Amazing in Motion' which has been adopted by Lexus in Europe as tag line.
Personally, I think it wasn't a bad idea to change, even if the 'Pursuit of Perfection' tag was a big more clear and straightforward.
Lexus Europe at a certain point launched the Creating Amazing idea, which then was followed with the new tag Amazing in Motion, as Lexus International launched the brand campaign internationally (with different campaigns like 'Strobe', 'Swarm', 'Steps' or last year's 'Slide' with that hoverboard)

This is the initial brand commercial from 'Creating Amazing', 3 years ago:

Hi Joe,

as what I read now from you, and also from the past, I believe that you're a commercial "insider" of Lexus Belgium ? Maybe I'm wrong....
So, please tell me, why has this commercial no screen-play on TV.
And generally, why is there so little advertising of Lexus in Belgium?
Believe me, many people do not even know that there is such a beauty as a RC ... And I should know.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Lol, I can relate to this so much when a car catches my eye, and I tell my dad to slow down so I can look at it in more detail.

One day you have the car of your life, and then you drive yourself ...
This website is a good start to warm you for Lexus.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
I have no certifiable expertise on paper, but my decades as an auto enthusiast who actually worked in the industry and spends every vacation at the SEMA Show, I must give props to my brand of choice for pursuing a higher level of emotional reach in this type of advertising.
Their is so much being said between the actions and the visions that stir a viewer's emotions and create the desire to experience Lexus.
This European version of advertisement has taken its time, established a desire for what's being shown, but never by being pretentious.
I feel that too many American advertisements push through their allopted time saying so little.
I'm just assuming the European market is more forgiving of artistic expression in refining their brand message, than the U.S.