Dealership Visit: Lexus Guildford in the United Kingdom

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-08-guilford-cars-1-1024x680.jpg

Late last year during a visit to the United Kingdom, I visited the Lexus Guildford dealership in Surrey just outside London.
View the original article post

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Nice item, Krew.;)

The Lexus dealership at Guildford is one of the first having received the complete new look of the Lexus showrooms in Europe. Guildford is one of the pilot dealerships. Another version of this new showroom interior is visible at Lexus Waterloo, near Brussels, near the headquarters of Lexus Europe. You can have a walk through by entering the showroom in the Google-link below:

https://www.google.be/maps/place/Le...2!3m1!1s0x47c3d204be6e6b55:0xd72002cb55c2c2b6

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew, thanks for the pictures as they really capture the beauty of this particular dealership in UK.

Agree. It reminds me of dealerships in Japan. IMHO, this is what Lexus dealerships in North America should pursue. Hopefully we will see this kind of changeover in North American dealership soon. The only Canadian dealership that I am impressed and would like to see in person is the Lexus dealership in downtown Vancouver which you described in another article last year.

JFB

Reactions
I'm a UK Lexus owner, and I find something unwelcoming about this dealership from the photos here. It's extremely clinical and rather empty, so that when you walk in you feel like you're the person on show, rather than the cars. And the glass offices at the back give the feeling that the staff are full of their own importance, shut away in serious meetings (which of course they aren't in reality). The front desk is set high, creating another barrier. And the chairs look like they're instruments of torture. Whatever happened to comfy sofas for battle-weary office workers?

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm a UK Lexus owner, and I find something unwelcoming about this dealership from the photos here. It's extremely clinical and rather empty, so that when you walk in you feel like you're the person on show, rather than the cars. And the glass offices at the back give the feeling that the staff are full of their own importance, shut away in serious meetings (which of course they aren't in reality). The front desk is set high, creating another barrier. And the chairs look like they're instruments of torture. Whatever happened to comfy sofas for battle-weary office workers?
I guess it comes down to personal taste and preference? Lexus tries to make the showroom a design studio and more stylish. Some of the elements such as stylish furniture and decor may make the environment cold when you see it at the first glance. Probably when you go there, the people there may change your impression?

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Thanks for the article, Krew! It's interesting to see the variations between Lexus dealers even within the same region yet different markets. There are those that share building space with the Toyota dealer and those that have their own three story spa...

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
IMHO, this is what Lexus dealerships in North America should pursue. Hopefully we will see this kind of changeover in North American dealership soon. The only Canadian dealership that I am impressed and would like to see in person is the Lexus dealership in downtown Vancouver which you described in another article last year.

Lexus on the Park in Toronto is another North American dealership that stands out in my mind -- here's a video tour, though it doesn't really do the design justice:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus on the Park in Toronto is another North American dealership that stands out in my mind -- here's a video tour, though it doesn't really do the design justice:

Lexus on the Park is the best!!! I love their customer service, and luxury. They give you kids hot chocolate and adults can make their own coffee with a Tassimo Machine. The whole place looks so grand like you just walked into a grand hotel. They even have one of those things that have water running down the glass with a Lexus logo on it. It's the #1 Lexus Dealership in Canada.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Though I have not physically seen it myself (just in pictures), from what I know about it, another very impressive Lexus shop is Longo Lexus near Los Angeles. It is owned and operated by the Penske Automotive Group. They keep their entire new-car inventory indoors, in special buildings....protected from weather, bird-droppings, tree-branches, vandalism, car-theves, etc.......

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus on the Park is the best!!! I love their customer service, and luxury. They give you kids hot chocolate and adults can make their own coffee with a Tassimo Machine. The whole place looks so grand like you just walked into a grand hotel. They even have one of those things that have water running down the glass with a Lexus logo on it. It's the #1 Lexus Dealership in Canada.
Yes, I forgot about Lexus on the Park. Indeed, their premise is impressive as there are separate buildings. The best day to go there is probably on a sunny day as the dealership has a very natural surrounding and it separates it from the hustle and bustle of the DVP nearby.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Though I have not physically seen it myself (just in pictures), from what I know about it, another very impressive Lexus shop is Longo Lexus near Los Angeles. It is owned and operated by the Penske Automotive Group. They keep their entire new-car inventory indoors, in special buildings....protected from weather, bird-droppings, tree-branches, vandalism, car-theves, etc.......
If I have a chance, I will go there and visit this dealership. I also saw the pictures. The best part is the indoor storage of the entire new car inventory. I heard they are selling the highest volume of Lexus vehicles in the world. Not sure if this record is up to date.