Lexus Japan Releases $1,300 USD Carbon Fiber Backpack

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-09-lexus-carbon-fiber-collection.jpg

Lexus Japan has released their 2016 accessories collection, and this year’s headliner is a group of items made the same carbon fiber used for the LFA.
View the original article post

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Wow, I would love to get that card holder, I wonder how I can get my hands on one.....

Pretty sure it would involve a visit to a Lexus Japan dealership, unfortunately. I think a site member that lives in Japan could make a pretty penny acting as a go-between.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I know the whole point of Carbon Fiber is it's lightness, but is it light enough to be used as a backpack?

I wish they had smartphone cases too with and F logo on it. Also one of those simple carbon fiber clip wallets that I see on Instagram every two seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
I know the whole point of Carbon Fiber is it's lightness, but is it light enough to be used as a backpack?

I wish they had smartphone cases too with and F logo on it. Also one of those simple carbon fiber clip wallets that I see on Instagram every two seconds.

Much agreed. Everytime I scroll, I see a new CF money clip, usually in front of a nice exotic or showcasing the weave inside the vehicle. To have an F money clip or even wallet would be amazing, though costly. I'm imagining the F from the CCS-P wing

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions

Actually it is probably strong enough because not only carbon fibre is used -- there are 2 main materials according to the description --- Real Soft Carbon and imitation leather which has high resemblance to high end leather called ベルバイオ made by FIWEL Corporation.

Not sure if anyone pays attention to the shape of this backpack, it is a kind of backpack used by primary school students in Japan. The Japanese term ランドセル means school bag. ベルバイオ has been used in those school bag before. It has a smooth leather look and can take some e decent abuse from daily use. Of course, not only kids use this kind of backpack in Japan.

It would be interesting to see if any Lexus owners in Japan that are going to buy this expensive backpack for their kids.

Last edited:

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Really appreciate Lexus Collection offered by Lexus Japan. They treat the collection seriously (as they charge them so dearly) and update/remove products in each season. Unlike some lame offerings by Lexus in North America. The strength of Lexus Japan Collection lies in the local and international manufacturers/makers Lexus Japan collaborate. Also a difference between Lexus Japan collection and the Lexus collection elsewhere is they pay consideration with respect to whether a Lexus logo is appropriate. For example, a Porter Yoshida bag collaborated with Lexus only has the Lexus logo inside of the bag (Page 29) because Porter Yoshida is well known.

For those who want to go to Japan to buy them personally, you may find some items that need to be ordered in advance. So if you stay in Japan for a few days, you may not be able to wait till the product arrives. Some products seem to be available all the time such as the key fob holders. The best bet to email them prior to the trip and see if they could respond.

Lexus Gallery Aoyama in Tokyo is a good location for english-speaking foreigners and you can see the Lexus collection on display where you can touch it.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Also a difference between Lexus Japan collection and the Lexus collection elsewhere is they pay consideration with respect to whether a Lexus logo is appropriate. For example, a Porter Yoshida bag collaborated with Lexus only has the Lexus logo inside of the bag (Page 29) because Porter Yoshida is well known.

There are a few Porter bags I'm looking at right now, and if these were in the proper style (and black) I would be all over them. This was actually my favorite part of the new collection -- along with Lexus and Muji, Porter Yoshida is one of my favorite brands in the world.

@Andyl -- appreciate your insight, as always.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
There are a few Porter bags I'm looking at right now, and if these were in the proper style (and black) I would be all over them. This was actually my favorite part of the new collection -- along with Lexus and Muji, Porter Yoshida is one of my favorite brands in the world.

@Andyl -- appreciate your insight, as always.

Muji, Porter Yoshida and Lexus are among my favourite brands as well. They share something in common -- fashionable and yet functional.

FYI, there used to be two colours for the Porter messenger bag in the Lexus collection -- gold and black. Somehow the black one is no longer available. And for the gold one which I acquired in my last trip - the inside is orange and the middle compartment follows the typical layout of the tanker series which has PVC pockets with zippers.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
FYI, there used to be two colours for the Porter messenger bag in the Lexus collection -- gold and black. Somehow the black one is no longer available. And for the gold one which I acquired in my last trip - the inside is orange and the middle compartment follows the typical layout of the tanker series which has PVC pockets with zippers.

Not to get too far into Lexus Collection nerdery, but I remember those bags -- wanted the black one pretty bad, but it slipped my mind on the last trip. You bought the gold one? That's amazing!