Lexus GS F Motor Trend Comparison: Lexus GS F vs. Cadillac CTS V-SPORT vs. Audi S6 4.0T

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-08-lexus-gs-audi-s6-cadillac-cts-v-sport.jpg

Motor Trend has a new comparison test with the Lexus GS F up against the Audi S6 4.0T and the Cadillac CTS V-Sport.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm glad we are in comparisons like this it's good for Lexus. But the reasoning blows my mind. The M4 is better than the RCF with similar specs even though it's more expensive but the GSF is worse than whatever the hell car Cadillac brings to the show because even thought it's faster it's more expensive? Can they at least be consistent with how they come up with which is best, second, or worst? Or just be honest and say that no matter what Lexus does they will always be second because it's Lexus and Lexus doesn't make sports cars? This bs lying crap is annoying. That's also not even bringing up that a GSF can't compete with RS7...I guess for comparison sake it's all about horsepower and 0-60 times unless Lexus wins then we throw those out the window. I was excited to read this article but once again motor trend shows it's true colors.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Just like Cadillac made the CTS-V and CTS-V Sport, I think Lexus should make a "Lite" version of all their F cars that are more affordable with slightly inferior performance specs. We could call it F Sport like they did with AMG Sport. And every F car should have a higher performance package like the Competition Package in M cars. I think they should be called Nurburgring Edition Cars, like the LFA.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Just like Cadillac made the CTS-V and CTS-V Sport, I think Lexus should make a "Lite" version of all their F cars that are more affordable with slightly inferior performance specs. We could call it F Sport like they did with AMG Sport. And every F car should have a higher performance package like the Competition Package in M cars. I think they should be called Nurburgring Edition Cars, like the LFA.

Agreed. I think adding performance to the available F Sport packages would be great, of course that would lead to a price jump so maybe have a 'sport package' available for non-F Sport cars.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I have to agree with Motor Trend that the GS F is really expensive ($95,000 in Canada!) but in my test drive the GS F didn't seem any more stiff than my GS F Sport and everything else was just fabulous, especially the sound - from start up to WOT it is the most fun, best sounding Lexus I have ever been in!

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I totally agree with MT on this one. No reason for the GSF to start over $22k more than the RCF.
It is a great car, but $75k great, not $85k great. And an adjustable suspension looks necessary.
If this was priced correctly at $75k, which I said when it first came out, it would be ranked #1.
Hard for Lexus to justify that price. It's almost on par with much more powerful E63 and M5.
Lexus dropped the ball on price/value here.
BD

mikeavelli

Reactions
I don't get how its the sportiest but it loses out based on ride and some features? What is also really mind boggling is I've read a review where the S6 beat the M5 and E63 even though it was down big on power.

I love the GS F but we all know Lexus shot itself in the foot putting the same engine as the RC F in it.