What Will the Next-Generation Lexus CT Look Like?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-20-lexus-ct-next-generation-rendering-front-400x200.jpg

Photochopper Theophilus Chin has built a next-generation Lexus CT using elements of the LF-FC concept and the roof from the NX.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Beautiful from the front, but the back is just UGLY lol. About the LS in general, It's a great car, but theirs a problem with it's exterior. Ever seen the S-Class. Notice how grand it looks? With its chrome accents and the standing badge on the hood, it looks like a proper luxury car. On the inside, the LS is a really nice car, but on the outside it looks like a regular car. Even the 2017 E-Class looks very grand too, compared to the GS. The LF-FC Concept is in the size of a Full-Size Luxury car, but it looks too sporty, Maybe, for an LS F it looks good, but not for a car in it's proper class.

Reactions
that's not going to happen....Lexus isn't going to put the LF-FC concept flagship front/rear in their entry CT lmao

Reactions: RAL

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Beautiful from the front, but the back is just UGLY lol. About the LS in general, It's a great car, but theirs a problem with it's exterior. Ever seen the S-Class. Notice how grand it looks? With its chrome accents and the standing badge on the hood, it looks like a proper luxury car. On the inside, the LS is a really nice car, but on the outside it looks like a regular car. Even the 2017 E-Class looks very grand too, compared to the GS. The LF-FC Concept is in the size of a Full-Size Luxury car, but it looks too sporty, Maybe, for an LS F it looks good, but not for a car in it's proper class.
Lol calling the LF-LC too sporty just because the Germans in this class are not. Look the LF is elegant in it own futuristic way, just cuz the Germans ain't doing it doesn't mean it wrong. Pluss once the Germans decides to go too sporty u will want lexus to follow suit. So please, German way is not the only way, there is also a lexus way.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Lol calling the LF-LC too sporty just because the Germans in this class are not. Look the LF is elegant in it own futuristic way, just cuz the Germans ain't doing it doesn't mean it wrong. Pluss once the Germans decides to go too sporty u will want Lexus to follow suit. So please, German way is not the only way, there is also a Lexus way.

I know, but luxury is practically a synonym for grand. The LS is a Full-Size Flagship Luxury Saloon. It needs to look a little bit more grand, and not like a generic Japanese car.

I hope the next CT won't be an hybrid-only model, and also a sedan would be nice, so it can compete with the Audi A3 hatch and sedan, and the MB CLA-Class

Last edited by a moderator:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Yes, Lexus should expand the CT line to include a CT 200h, CT 300h and a CT 200t. I'm sure more people would buy the CT if Lexus were to expand the CT line. Also make a sedan variant similar to the A3 sedan. Lexus could do lots with the CT if they so choose. Of course F Sport all variants...

Michael

Fan
Reactions
The next generation CT should get the LC taillights and also get the sound generator that is in the NX and RX F sport.

The next generation CT should offer roof rails and also Lexus should offer a system here the driver use a app the would self park the car and also pull out to the driveway like what BMW and Mercedes are doing. Lexus should have service system like what Hyundai is doing with their Equus Sedan where a service person would drop off a loaner car at your house and then take the car that need to be service.

Reactions
The next generation CT should offer roof rails and also Lexus should offer a system here the driver use a app the would self park the car and also pull out to the driveway like what BMW and Mercedes are doing. Lexus should have service system like what Hyundai is doing with their Equus Sedan where a service person would drop off a loaner car at your house and then take the car that need to be service.
Lexus did that when the LS 400 came out. Since Lexus didn't have their own dealerships at the time, they just got the owners LS and did whatever they needed to do while filling the car up as well

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Not a huge fan of the taillights on that photoshop (look a little too big for the car), but they also remind me of the new Prius taillights a little bit, so perhaps something similar to that will be seen. The cabin area looks slightly bloated here too, most likely due to the NX roofline being used, but I hope they keep the size close to the current car.

As with most others here, what I really want to see is the car offered with multiple engine options - mainly the 2.0T. This is a dream here, but that engine paired with a manual transmission would be amazing.

Reactions
I couldn't agree with you more, my biggest issue with the LS is how it looks a bit out of line in comparison with the S-Class (which is my favorite car in the class). The S-Class looks so stately and like a truly elegant, royal luxury vehicle, and I especially love the hood ornament.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Looks good but the tai lights are too much for the backend IMO. I bet the new CT will have a "floating" roof at the back like the RX and LC.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
RC = IS + ISC + GS = "a good Frankenstein"

Not feeling this "CT Frankenstein" as there are too many disconnected elements just slapped on together.

Also, I've heard from some sources the next CT may very well be a CUV-style offering. We'll see...

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions

This must differ dealer by dealer... I live about 25 miles from the Lexus dealer yet they always offer to pick up my car and drop off a loaner.

Reactions
RC = IS + ISC + GS = "a good Frankenstein"

Not feeling this "CT Frankenstein" as there are too many disconnected elements just slapped on together.

Also, I've heard from some sources the next CT may very well be a CUV-style offering. We'll see...
Seeing a versatile CT lineup that included both sedan and CUV styles would be neat... Something like Infiniti is doing with its Q30/QX30.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/29/infiniti-q30-qx30-official/

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions

This must differ dealer by dealer... I live about 25 miles from the Lexus dealer yet they always offer to pick up my car and drop off a loaner.
They offered to drop off my IS F and I said HEAVEN'S NO!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I also think the CT needs to grow an inch longer and an inch wider. The trunk space is a little short and extra width is definitely a welcome...

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
I also think the CT needs to grow an inch longer and an inch wider. The trunk space is a little short and extra width is definitely a welcome...
It doesn't have to. With the new packaging of the prius comes more trunk space.They most certainly will leverage that into the next ct. I will gladly let the car get an inch wider. I'd like a wider track ;)

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
Looks fine to me. They took the back from the LF-FC because Lexus is changing to an undefined future rear end for Lexus cars. This looks great. Can't wait to see what comes next.....
BD

The next CT should also have the 2-liter turbo. That would be an epic fail to make it hybrid only again.
BD

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The next CT should also have the 2-liter turbo. That would be an epic fail to make it hybrid only again.
BD

I agree. It would make sense to make a CT 200t. Sales of the CT would definitely increase and enthusiasts and the like would gobble it up...

Reactions
Unfortunately I think the next CT is not due until late 2018 and possible even 2019.

This is way to long to run this shape and single engine choice.