Beat-Sonic Brings Apple Carplay to Lexus Vehicles

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-18-lexus-car-play-400x200.jpg

Beat-Sonic has just announced a plug-and-play interface that will enable the Apple CarPlay infotainment system in Lexus vehicles.
View the original article post

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
honestly the last iPhone i can have is the 5S
Apple = s**t
Samsung = Robbery

both need to die , both just about money
i still remembering the time of Nokia , Motorola & Sony Ericsson
approximately 99% of all mobile innovations made by those 3 brands plus Palm & BB

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
I thought that they will get some different one which they cooperate with Ford on.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
honestly the last iPhone i can have is the 5S
Apple = s**t
Samsung = Robbery

both need to die , both just about money
i still remembering the time of Nokia , Motorola & Sony Ericsson
approximately 99% of all mobile innovations made by those 3 brands plus Palm & BB
I loved my Nokia's (with pimped out flashing lights) my Moto V20 something... and my Ericssons. I loved my rich spoiled high school days... but damn you are stuck in nostalgia's past. Bruh! you can still have a basic flip phone if you want but I don't want to live in your world. Give me ALL the Apple gadgets, CarPlay included.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
All jokin aside... Must have in my GS, I can't stand the lexus system. Its too horrid to even discuss.

KDS

Founding Member
Reactions
No mention of the CT200h

The controller he was using looks like in CT 2014 Premier so it must only be down to screen designs to fit the relevant model.

Very interesting

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I really think the Lexus Touchpad needs an upgrade. If not touchscreen, it needs a better version. For example, take the Mercedes-Benz COMAND Controller. It is in a nice design that's easy to use and can be used more effectively without moving your hand as much. It is just so much better than the Lexus Touchpad. The software also needs an upgrade. Anyone thinking Android Auto's Material Design?
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/owne...eoId-fa50c24e80ea8410VgnVCM100000ccec1e35RCRD
COMAND 1.jpg COMAND 1.jpg

Attachments

• COMAND 2.jpg
    COMAND 2.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 2

Jeremy Johnston

Premium Member
Reactions
Obviously all these people whinging about the remote for Lexus infotainment either aren't Lexus drivers or they drive old Lexuses. We have the new RX350 and while the system is better than the one in the previous model - both are very liveable once you're used to it.

We travel a lot and only hire high end hire cars, and from experience The Lexus system is far superior to Audi, BMW, Volvo and many others.

Reactions
Can't wait for this to come out. I love the controller in the Lexus LX 2016, but do not like how the Lexus Enform Apps work in the vehicle. Apple is the number one smart phone operating system in the world, and much better at designing and perfecting the interface than Toyota/Lexus. Feel free to buy the Android version/Google Car Play instead when and if a vendor makes the system. Beat-sonic will sell millions of these units. Availability of Apple Carplay may be decisive factor in 20 to 40% of sales-- in two years many buyers won't look at a vehicle without it--- and Toyota/Lexus dealers will be falling all over themselves to offer Beat-sonic after-market to make up for Lexus misstep on this.

Reactions
Looking forward to adding Car Pay to my 2015 NX200t. Not pleased with the current NAV system and Car Play makes it so easy with all the addresses already stored in my phone. Anyone know how I can get alerts for availability setup?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Can't wait for this to come out. I love the controller in the Lexus LX 2016, but do not like how the Lexus Enform Apps work in the vehicle. Apple is the number one smart phone operating system in the world, and much better at designing and perfecting the interface than Toyota/Lexus. Feel free to buy the Android version/Google Car Play instead when and if a vendor makes the system. Beat-sonic will sell millions of these units. Availability of Apple Carplay may be decisive factor in 20 to 40% of sales-- in two years many buyers won't look at a vehicle without it--- and Toyota/Lexus dealers will be falling all over themselves to offer Beat-sonic after-market to make up for Lexus misstep on this.

Actually, Android is #1

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
This is great news. Toyota's a bit conservative with electronics sometimes, and they prefer to try things out first on the low-end. I remember around 2008 (or maybe it was a few years earlier) when iPod integration was available in Scions, the Camry, and ES, but not GS or LS.