The Lexus LC 500: First Impressions

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-14-lexus-lc-500-first-impressions-400x200.jpg

No rumor could have prepared us for the reality of the Lexus LC 500.
View the original article post

RAL

Reactions
Great article Krew ... you have a unique way of absorbing everything and then penning just the right words, just the right way. I always look forward to your final word.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
This is the beginning of a new chapter for my brand, I'm really excited to see future products! I know for sure I will stay loyal to Lexus!

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew
One thing to say (AMAZING)
Really love the way you express yourself!
Makes me always feel like I'm in this moment
Keep it up Mr. Krew
Always to the TOP
And I just can't wait for the Lexus LC500
The Future Brand is here (Lexus)

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew, I echoed your same sentiments during the live unveil despite being in front of a computer and to see see the production LC peel out before getting destroyed by the wrecking ball was nothing short of marketing genius and Lexus vindication against all engineering odds and automotive skeptics. :):):)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
These are the best pics of the LC that I've seen so far... incredible work, @krew !

Also, loved the analysis. This is the beauty of the Lexus Enthusiast!

Reactions
Finally someone showed how the door handles looks like when popped out. The detail is amazing! I'm so excited to see it! Cannot wait to see what else is in store for lexus' future! Hopefully we can see an LS, LC F/LC H, LS F, CT, IS F, TX???, and a next gen ES & GS soon.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew I have a question. While we are all amazed and excited about the LC how or what was the perception from others? We're there any German car conpanies employees making comments or just general magazine writers making comments? Cause most are always same old same old Lexus it's boring but reliable? What are they saying now? Concerned about their prescious German being beat out by a Lexus? Just wondering thanks!

Reactions: RAL

Nate Wiener

Premium Member
Reactions
Can't remember the last time I saw a production vehicle that stays so true to the concept. There really is nothing watered down about it. It looks like a vehicle from the future, but it's only a year away. A true game changer!

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew,
you're first impression is always the right one. Great read and pics !

Noteworthy are the daylight LED's: beautifully diffused entirely white, without even seeing one LED.
The visual effect is fantastic, you would think that the LED's are started from inside the front lights.
Thanks Krew (and Lexus), I can't wait to see this someday on the road. :)

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I expect the new LS to have a similar interior, if not the same. The seats won't be so aggressively bolstered.

With this already over two tons, the new LS, which is a much bigger car, will probably end up around where the new 7-series is, at about 4500 lbs. This is slightly less than the S550.
BD

Vincent Nowaczyk

Premium Member
Reactions
Why put the Haptic control pad when SO MANY people dislike it, PLEASE use the Remote Touch "Mouse" PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Why put the Haptic control pad when SO MANY people dislike it, PLEASE use the Remote Touch "Mouse" PLEASE!!!

Not sure if it will make a big difference, but the LC will be the first model to feature the new Lexus infotainment software. This should improve the overall experience greatly.

Reactions
Amazing!
It stole the show.
Can you please ask when will the SUV come off the same platform if you get the opportunity?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Amazing!
It stole the show.
Can you please ask when will the SUV come off the same platform if you get the opportunity?

From discussing it with the chief engineer, it sounds like only front-engine rear wheel drive cars will be built on this platform. Of course, I could be totally wrong, because wouldn't an SUV built on this platform be amazing?

mikeavelli

Reactions
From discussing it with the chief engineer, it sounds like only front-engine rear wheel drive cars will be built on this platform. Of course, I could be totally wrong, because wouldn't an SUV built on this platform be amazing?

OMG please don't give us hope :D A Cayenne/X5 M Lexus competitor....YAAASSSSSS