Lexus GS F Orders in Japan Greatly Exceed One Year Sales Goal

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-06-lexus-gs-f-japan-sales-400x200.jpg

The new Lexus GS F is already a big hit in Japan — pre-orders for the new high-performance sedan has reached 380 units, or 1,900% higher than the sales goal of 20 units a month.
View the original article post

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
the sales goal of 20 units a month

Are they serious? A goal of 20 a month...that's 240 in one year. In the U.S. market alone, Toyota sells the better part of 240 Camrys in one hour,

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Are they serious? A goal of 20 a month...that's 240 in one year. In the U.S. market alone, Toyota sells the better part of 240 Camrys in one hour,

Are you serious ? You are comparing apples with pears: Lexus (GS F, my friend, which I can't afford) <--> Toyota (Camry).
Orders of 380x GS F in Japan is indeed great news !

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
I'm so happy for this! I mean, the GS F is a great sport sedan, I really love its basic powertrain, simple, not complicated and way more inspired than such a stupid turbo rivals such as the M5. The M5 has definitely lost all its appeal to me, the time of the beautiful and way more exclusive E39 (wich the GS F totally remind in me in a contemporary way) sounds definitely gone and many car enthusiasts are agree with me. When even the cheapest B-Compact has a turbo under its engine how it is may still be considered an exclusive feature? Just like skinny jeans: In the 70's they were the rocker's jeans and this thing makes them fascinating but today everyone wear them, even fat or short people and skinny jeans have definitely lost their coolness, if you want to be cool today just get a pair of wide leg jeans just like Rihanna and J.Lo.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
LMAO 20 units per month. Way to swing for the fences, Lexus. True, few will afford an $85,000 plus Lexus, but the initial production run should provide to sell as many as the market demands.
It 'ain't an LFA, yo.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I was honestly expecting this post, it was just a matter of time. They are giving us consumers what we want, bold styling, reliable cars, N/A V8 where necessary and bragging rights!

The next thing we will see is an article titled "The Lex Success"! Lol, crazy me....

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Are you serious ? You are comparing apples with pears: Lexus (GS F, my friend, which I can't afford) <--> Toyota (Camry).
Orders of 380x GS F in Japan is indeed great news !

Yes, I know they are two different cars. I wasn't trying to compare them from that point of view.....only from a standpoint of what is considered a lot of sales, that's all. And Bulldog has it right when he says that, as good as it is, it's not an LFA.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Japanese market sells in lower volume than the USA and it really looks like the GS F is a true low production car. Considering there are 2000 for the USA and now 400 Japan I assume they won't even build 3,000 its first year. Lexus sold 523,000 vehicles worldwide (2014 figures) and 2015/2016 figures will be up so basically this car is around .06/.07% of volume.

That is truly a rare beast.

That said, these Japan releases are always the same, new Lexus comes out and demand greatly exceeds production. Someone needs a slap in the forecasting department :D

Reactions
A good problem to have? It's good to know that just in case one market has less demand (US or Europe), they can change the allocation of the production back to the Motherland.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
A good problem to have? It's good to know that just in case one market has less demand (US or Europe), they can change the allocation of the production back to the Motherland.

Only to an extent. Left-hand drive (most of the world) and Right-hand drive cars (Britain/Australia/Japan) obviously can't be sold in each other's markets.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Only to an extent. Left-hand drive (most of the world) and Right-hand drive cars (Britain/Australia/Japan) obviously can't be sold in each other's markets.

Yes, but he didn't say rework the cars, because of course that is not practical or economical to say the least.
Production allocations can and will be changed and supply chain adjustments made by a world class manufacturer such as Toyota/Lexus.

Reactions
Yes, but he didn't say rework the cars, because of course that is not practical or economical to say the least.
Production allocations can and will be changed and supply chain adjustments made by a world class manufacturer such as Toyota/Lexus.
Yup, that's what I mean...production has a longer lead time, so a lot of things have to be planned ahead of time, such as what market will this GS F be sold in so it can have all the right parts ready to go (Toyota Just in Time!). It's things like options and PPOs that can be changed closer to the time of production (With the GS F, there are only two factory options anyway).

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
An IS-F, a GS-F and an LFA all pull up to the starting line...
Your next Lexus TV commercial.
Mail Creative Director check, please. :cool:

Reactions
An IS-F, a GS-F and an LFA all pull up to the starting line...
Your next Lexus TV commercial.
Mail Creative Director check, please. :cool:
Left out the RC F? And the upcoming LF-LC?

The real strength in numbers vehicles for Lexus is still the RX, ES and now NX...