Next Generation Lexus CT Coming in 2017?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-22-lexus-ct-next-generation-400x200.jpg

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf is reporting that the next-generation CT will be released as a 2017 model.
View the original article post

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
The wifey really loved the CT200h F-Sport when she saw one coming out of a restaurant. White with 19" wheels (volks), tinted and best of stanced, mild drop (lowered for you old people jk! =p). We went to Lexus dealership later to get deal done but they are all Front-Wheel Drive. She was really bummed. Disappointed.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
My guess is the CT will continue as a better than Prius hybrid. And to me it should continue in that mode, because current CT is significantly more sporty, luxurious, better equipped, more driver-oriented than current Prius. Agreed, AWD would be a nice option not available on Prius.

Reactions
As far as I am aware the next generation is not due until 2019 making it an eight year cycle.

TMC moved engineering resources onto the upcoming CX model as that is considered a priority.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Pretty exciting, wonder if they might offer the CT in something other than a hybrid?

I sure hope so. Lexus should expand the CT line and add a CT 200t. As of current the CT shares the same power train as the Prius (other than the Corolla (shares the 1.8 L petrol motor)). Since there is no petrol version of the Prius Lexus might not produce a petrol version of the CT. However if Lexus expands the CT line by adding a CT 200t more people will be very interested in the CT line...

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I hope so - we are looking to replace our CT some time in the next few years and it would be great to get another!

Reactions
The key to making the next gen CT successful is:
Add more engine variants (200t)
Add AWD
Make it RWD (which can be a long shot)
Make the interior more upscale, including the exterior, it needs to show that it isn't a cheap Lexus
F badged anyone? Max out the 2.0l turbo to make north of 300 hp would be a pretty exciting CT

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
Add AWD
Make the interior more upscale, including the exterior, it needs to show that it isn't a cheap Lexus
F badged anyone? Max out the 2.0l turbo to make north of 300 hp would be a pretty exciting CT
Sorry, no offense but, "keep dreaming"

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Add AWD
Why do I agree with you?

Last edited:
Reactions
As far as I am aware the next generation is not due until 2019 making it an eight year cycle.

TMC moved engineering resources onto the upcoming CX model as that is considered a priority.
Do you mean TX?
The CX is a sub NX SUV that is due for release late 17 or early 18 and compete with X1, Q3 etc.

I am not sure when the 7 seat RX (TX) is due to be released. I have heard several conflicting reports regarding its existence and if/when it will be released.

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
Add AWD
Why do I agree with you?
Because we know this is Lexus we're talking about :/