Lexus NX is the Top Luxury Vehicle Search on Google in 2015

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-20-lexus-nx-google-search-400x200.jpg

Google has released its annual Year in Search results, and the Lexus NX scored as the top-ranking luxury vehicle search in the USA.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
For the US folks, any theories as to why central states are less interested over Texas and the coastal ones?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Selling well in northern CA, especially Bay Area. NX being the right size (compact vs. mid) makes a difference today.

Reactions
For the US folks, any theories as to why central states are less interested over Texas and the coastal ones?
Texas seems to be an anomaly since most associate it with trucks; after all, that is where Tacomas and Tundras are built. I think it must be the changing demographics of its cities like Dallas IMO, where Toyota is moving in. Not surprised about NY and CA, because of the demographics.

Another thing is that central states are less populated and they tend to gravitate and have very loyal following to trucks. Being in Canada, I would probably think of these states akin to many parts of Alberta or other places that tend to be rural.

Most Lexus dealerships are located in bigger metropolitan cities (again demographics). It even took Toyota sometime to get dealers in some rural areas of America, because many of these areas still had prejudicial feelings towards vehicles of foreign makes.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Tragic Bronson said:
Most Lexus dealerships are located in bigger metropolitan cities (again demographics). It even took Toyota sometime to get dealers in some rural areas of America, because many of these areas still had prejudicial feelings towards vehicles of foreign makes.

In one word, 'Murica.

True. Unfortunately, many people in the Midwest and rural areas (and a lot of people even in coastal big cities like where I live, who don't keep up with the auto markets like we do), don't seem to understand that the auto business today is global, and there probably is no such thing as a purely American, European, Japanese, or Korean product any more. That is one reason why we have the parts-content lists on the stickers of new vehicles.

I once got into an argument with my own late uncle (who recently passed away) about that very subject. He's a small-town Southern Indiana native (lived there most of his life, except for the military). He panned my brother for buying a new Honda Civic (his second brand-new Honda). He said it was just "Un-American"....a Japanese product. I understand how he felt, from him having served in the Navy during a time it was fighting the Japanese, but come on, the world has moved on since then. I pointed out that my brother had bought the car with my blessing (he had asked me, like he always does, for help and advice on the shopping and deal). I also pointed out to my uncle that, just a relatively few miles away from his house, at Lafayette, Indiana, Subaru and Toyota (and Isuzu, until that company left the American market), jointly run a plant that builds Japanese-designed vehicles, with, yes, American labor....people from his own state. I told him my own (at the time) Subaru Outback had been built at Lafayette....and what that plant adds to Indidna's economy. Well, that pretty much did the trick.....I never heard him criticize anyone again for buying a non-American nameplate. ;)

Reactions: RAL

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
On the NX search-frequency, it's not too surprising that it won among luxury-nameplate vehicles, but I would also expect the new RX, the Acura MDX, and the BMW 3-Series to give it a run for the money....all three are hot-sellers.