Lexus Dominates KBB 2016 Best Resale Value Awards

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-15-lexus-gs-best-resale-value-400x200.jpg

For the fifth year in a row, Lexus has been named the Best Luxury Brand in the Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value Awards.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Very strong showing for Lexus, and a nice pickup for the '16 GS!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
As well they should. I've been able to roll from a 2008 IS to a '10 to a '12 to a '14 and into a '15 thanks to outstanding residual values. Did the same with a '13 to a '15 ahead of maturity. Easiest manufacturer to deal with when it comes to leasing. Quality, value, reputation and a great dealership experience help keep the value high and return buyers like myself.

Reactions: RAL

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Clarification: my dealer usually buys my cars and they become CPO. Makes it so easy to trade when I'm ready m

Reactions
Clarification: my dealer usually buys my cars and they become CPO. Makes it so easy to trade when I'm ready m
Lexus has done well on the remarketing side of the business. They do an impeccable job retaining the customers and holding the line on resale values, since most of what comes back are lease returns that end up being sold again as CPOs.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Not surprised except that the RX was third would have thought it would be best in class.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
This may be slightly far fetched but as far as residual values, Lexus does not dilute their value by dumping their products onto the rental car market.
I'm proud to be a Lexus owner X2 at any given time and really have no desire to go anywhere else.
My Lexus dealer lays claim to the number one volume dealer in the world since 1992 and they ALWAYS have cars in stock to back that up.
I only deal with VIP Managers when I purchase and their staff always deliver a great experience in the showroom, service drive, body shop or car wash.
Yeah, I'm biased, but I'm very, very brand loyal and I drive 60 miles RT bypassing other local Lexus dealers to do business with them because they are the best at what they do.
For the naysayers, let's allow KBB to make our point for us this time.
I own and drive 2/3 off the top models (no RC yet :-( So it only affirms what I already know.
J.D. Power and Consumer Reports don't affect my buying decisions. But knowing these industry leading models sit atop the rankings is a selfish point of pride for me.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
This may be slightly far fetched but as far as residual values, Lexus does not dilute their value by dumping their products onto the rental car market.
I'm proud to be a Lexus owner X2 at any given time and really have no desire to go anywhere else.
My Lexus dealer lays claim to the number one volume dealer in the world since 1992 and they ALWAYS have cars in stock to back that up.
I only deal with VIP Managers when I purchase and their staff always deliver a great experience in the showroom, service drive, body shop or car wash.
Yeah, I'm biased, but I'm very, very brand loyal and I drive 60 miles RT bypassing other local Lexus dealers to do business with them because they are the best at what they do.
For the naysayers, let's allow KBB to make our point for us this time.
I own and drive 2/3 off the top models (no RC yet :-( So it only affirms what I already know.
J.D. Power and Consumer Reports don't affect my buying decisions. But knowing these industry leading models sit atop the rankings is a selfish point of pride for me.
JM Lexus.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

Not far fetched at all. GM, Ford and Chrysler are well aware of negative impact on both resale values (and profit margins) when rental/fleet sales are higher in order to hit revenue numbers.