Four Lexus Models Awarded Top Safety Pick + from IIHS

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-10-lexus-rc-f-sport-safety-400x200.jpg

The Lexus CT, RC, ES, and NX have been named to the Top Safety Pick + list from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Surprising to see the overwhelming majority of top safety vehicles are Japanese, then German/Korean/Swedish, and distant last is American.

Also a big surprise and really an incredible feat is the CT considering it's long-in-the-tooth 2011 bones. MY' 2017 will be even better!

Reactions: CIF

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
Surprising to see the overwhelming majority of top safety vehicles are Japanese, then German/Korean/Swedish, and distant last is American.

Also a big surprise and really an incredible feat is the CT considering it's long-in-the-tooth 2011 bones. MY' 2017 will be even better!
I was thinking the same: The CT is the actual revelation of this tournament

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, I think the RC is the safest coupe ever tested by the IIHS.

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, I think the RC is the safest coupe ever tested by the IIHS.

To some extent, probably not surprising.....as it is also one of the newest coupes tested, and can take advantage of state-of-the-art technology.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Does this mean the RC F also get the award?

I don't see any significant reason why it wouldn't. Despite differences in the drivetrain and suspension/tires, it has the same basic things that matter most in a crash as the regular coupe does....unibody structure, crumple-zones, interior design, safety features/air-bags, window-fittings, belt-shoulder harnesses, etc.... With a larger engine in the F, the engine itself might (?) be pushed back a little more into the firewall in a head-on crash, but (probably) not enough to make a significant difference in the safety-ratings.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
To some extent, probably not surprising.....as it is also one of the newest coupes tested, and can take advantage of state-of-the-art technology.

Here's where the added weight from the reinforced structure built atop the GS's front, ISC's core, and IS's rear is paying dividends. :)