Lexus CT 200h SPORT Package Launches in Europe

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-09-lexus-ct-200h-sport-europe-400x200.jpg

Lexus UK has released photos and details on the new CT 200h SPORT package.
View the original article post

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The red looks amazing but Lexus needs a turbo in that hot hatch. A CT200t would be a great addition to the lineup.

IMO, a turbo CT would essentially be modern, upmarket, adult version of the slammed/customized Civic and Integra hatchbacks, re-painted bright colors, that young people were driving around in 20-25 years ago. In fact, it might just appeal to THEIR kids.

6189647410_5792ebc18f_b.jpg

Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
CT turbo hybrid? IMHO not likely.
Lexus CT still has more room for combined/total power increase, but obviously with hit to fuel economy.
Lexus has other product offerings now/future for those needing more power.

This SE version looks good and unique with a bit of well-placed bright trim remaining.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
CT turbo hybrid? IMHO not likely.

I agree they are not likely to do it, but I could see at least a limited market for it if they did....the offspring of those who were driving slammed/customized Integras 20 or 25 years ago.

This SE version looks good and unique with a bit of well-placed bright trim remaining.

Agreed that some bright trim needs to be kept, even on Sport models. Too much flat-black and body-color trim can look cheap.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Never thought I'd say this, but this red/black combination looks very good.
It's difficult to see, but hopefully it is a dark red color and not more pink....
Time for the small (S)(C)UV version !

D

DDas

Not going to lie, I don't understand Lexus's designing sometimes. Like what is up with not making the chrome around the grill meet. There's that random gap of red (for the sake of this CT photoed) and it doesnt look good. Quite frankly, the entire CT looks too old in my opinion and needs a redesign fast.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The red looks amazing but Lexus needs a turbo in that hot hatch. A CT200t would be a great addition to the lineup.

I agree as well. Lexus should expand the CT line with a CT 200t (2.0 L 4 cylinder turbo), CT 200h (1.8 L hybrid) and CT 300h (2.5 L hybrid)...

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I agree as well. Lexus should expand the CT line with a CT 200t, CT 200h and CT 300h...

Agreed. One of the issues I brought out in my CT review a few years ago was.......turbo or not, why no gas-only version? Like the Ford C-Max, you can only get hybrids.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Love the SPORT wheels, but to me the rest looks down market and cheap. I just don't get Lexus' thinking on this.