Lexus to Debut LC 500 and LC 500h Coupe at Detroit Auto Show?

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
krew
15-12-14-lexus-lf-lc-detroit-400x200.jpg

Bloomberg has more information on the upcoming Lexus LC coupe expected to debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
View the original article post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Den

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Best looking rendering yet and the #s sound very believable.
Lexus has been researching this turbo for a while and they've constantly referenced wanting to "find more creative ways to boost power than conventional turbo charging." I believe electric turbo charging might be their answer of just doing things a little different.

D

DDas

I actually love this render! WOW! The grille is a little inaccurate because of the spy shots, but still I hope it looks like this. Also, I really hope they debut it! Im so excited for this model. Lexus needs this model, let's be real.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I like the sound of the GSF V8 in just the regular model...I like that a lot!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow that's a great rendering! Also the details sound intriguing. Let's hope some of that turns out to be true.

By the way, big congratulations to the forums, 1000 members achieved already :D! Way to go community!

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
The rendering looks really nice. If the rumour that LC 500/LC500h coupe get unveiled in the coming Detroit Auto Show, it would be thrilling.

Reactions
Sounds brilliant. If the lcf rumours are ture, then how about the Rcf#gsf use that 4.0 twin turbo?

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Just make it #handle. I'm tired of Lexus building cars that look amazing, go like hell in a straight line, and get hung out to dry by BMW in the corners.
RC-F and IS-F were made to look silly by Top Gear, unable to maneuver through corners at top speed without losing it.
If BMW can produce boring, bland, uninspiring vehicles that sell so well and handle as leaders in their segment, Lexus should make it an engineering priority to finally put something out that will unseat BMW's stranglehold on the sports sedan crown.

ACEtheOG

Founding Member
Reactions
Just make it #handle. I'm tired of Lexus building cars that look amazing, go like hell in a straight line, and get hung out to dry by BMW in the corners.
RC-F and IS-F were made to look silly by Top Gear, unable to maneuver through corners at top speed without losing it.
If BMW can produce boring, bland, uninspiring vehicles that sell so well and handle as leaders in their segment, Lexus should make it an engineering priority to finally put something out that will unseat BMW's stranglehold on the sports sedan crown.
Not sure why you feel this way...

The revised IS-F (2011+) can hang with E9x M3s all day...

RC-F despite having a huge 200 kg disadvantage and no carbon ceramics has been able to keep up with the F8x M3 in multiple reviews...

GS-F has held its own in all the reviews I've seen. The lone complaint has been the lack of power. In this class, the cheaper price tag does not make up for 100+hp.

The cars handle fine.

If anything, Lexus needs to bring more power and weight savings to the table...

Strong relative stats sells cars in this realm. It's all **** measuring here. The majority of these vehicles will never see the track and are trophies for their owners.

The last time i got the "wow factor" in a Lexus from a power standpoint was in the gen 1 GS when I was 13 years old!

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Sorry but the front is just awful - the spindle grille is ridiculous and belongs to the day of the actual spindles, we have been electronic for a long time now time to do some serious work on the hideous fronts of the latest models. Understand that Lexus originally wanted to make a statement now its time to refine and style properly - reduce and refine!