Lexus USA Website Updated with GS F Information and Pricing

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-24-lexus-gs-f-lexus-com-400x200.jpg

The 2016 Lexus GS F has been added to the Lexus USA website, and that means full details on the new model and plenty of new images.
View the original article post

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Spoke to a salesman at the Lexus Of Pembroke Pines dealership in Florida and he stated that the Carbon Fiber option will be available also.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Spoke to a salesman at the Lexus Of Pembroke Pines dealership in Florida and he stated that the Carbon Fiber option will be available also.

A carbon fiber package similar to the RC F?

There was no mention of this during the global press event -- we were told the only two options are the orange brake calipers and the Mark Levinson system. Everything else standard.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
A carbon fiber package similar to the RC F?

There was no mention of this during the global press event -- we were told the only two options are the orange brake calipers and the Mark Levinson system. Everything else standard.
I was surprised when he mentioned that. I guess we'll have to wait and see or maybe his info is just off.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Why is the Caliber brakes so cheap...aren't they like 5-10k to add them to like an M5 or S6 or AMG?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Why is the Caliber brakes so cheap...aren't they like 5-10k to add them to like an M5 or S6 or AMG?
Because its a simple color change....you are probably thinking of ceramic brake options

Lou
Yes that was what I was thinking. So those brakes are better rt? Is there a reason Lexus didn't do that as well? Just wondering no idea if anyone would know that!

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
I was surprised when he mentioned that. I guess we'll have to wait and see or maybe his info is just off.
Probably his info is just off as even Lexus Japan does not offer any kind of carbon fibre package. So you won't see a carbon fibre hood in GS-F at this point.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Its $500 to change the color from black to orange. They are pretty huge Brembo 14.9 front and 13.5 rear slotted brakes.

Lexus-GSF-chassis-specs-1280x674-LEX-GSF-MY16-0033.png

I believe the option you are talking about is the carbon ceramic option some of the competition offers.
The price for the option (US$500) is in the same range as what Lexus Japan charges (43200 yens (tax in)).

On the other hand, I am shocked to see Lexus Japan charges the body colour of Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (8X1) for 162,000 yens (tax in) whereas it is US$595 for the same thing for US market.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
On the other hand, I am shocked to see Lexus Japan charges the body colour of Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (8X1) for 162,000 yens (tax in) whereas it is US$595 for the same thing for US market.

That's quite a discrepancy -- wonder how many GS Fs they're expecting to sell in Japan?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Finding one for sale is going to be like buying a unicorn with only 2,000 coming to the US and 200 (!) to Canada.

At least I'll have a better chance of seeing a GS F on the roads than an LFA.