Lexus RC F Competes in Annual Car & Driver Lightning Lap

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-05-lexus-rc-f-lightning-lap-400x200.jpg

The Lexus RC F competed in the annual Car & Driver Lightning Lap, finishing last in its class and mid-pack in the overall rankings.
View the original article post

Reactions
God I love Lexus, but man the RCF really is a joke. There is no logical reason as to why anyone should buy the RCF over say a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG... Which I love, and although I do however hate BMW, the M4/M3 is a better vehicle also. The only reason really is that Lexus makes a reliable, well-built, comfortable vehicle, but still not enough to make me run out and get one over the competitors. Just my two cents, any other thoughts?

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
God I love Lexus, but man the RCF really is a joke. There is no logical reason as to why anyone should buy the RCF over say a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG... Which I love, and although I do however hate BMW, the M4/M3 is a better vehicle also. The only reason really is that Lexus makes a reliable, well-built, comfortable vehicle, but still not enough to make me run out and get one over the competitors. Just my two cents, any other thoughts?
Omg, seriously, it's not the RC F to be a joke, it's just your comment. Seriously: What do you care? Do you stay on track every day of the week? Do you think that monumental GT Cruiser such as the Bentley Continental GT are racing cars? No, these cars are powerful GT Cruiser, wonderful to drive daily on normal open road (wich is the most important thing, most important ok?). Leave those stupid toys to Germans. The RC F drives better of the m4 on any autobahn, it ride smooth, comfortable and faster, definitely the most enjoyable car in its league for the everyday use. If you want to have fun, seriously, get a Lotus Elise, a Toyota GT86 or a Miata.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
The simple truth is that the RC F doesn't stack up against the competition when performing an overall comparison of vehicles in its price range. Referring to the C63 and M3/4 as stupid toys when compared to the RC F simply doesn't make sense. One also doesn't have to drive a car on a track to appreciate its features. The general industry consensus is that those German vehicles are outstanding. Having driven the new C63, it certainly did impress.

Buying an RC F over a better-performing German alternative boils down to brand affinity. Although the C63 outperforms it, I'd buy the RC F instead as I sense a much more complex design philosophy in a Lexus than in any other brand. Let's not however break the competition down to try and build Lexus up. The Germans know what they're doing in this segment and opting for a C63 or M3/4 over an RC F would be the most logical decision for most performance-oriented buyers.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Omg, seriously, it's not the RC F to be a joke, it's just your comment. Seriously: What do you care? Do you stay on track every day of the week? Do you think that monumental GT Cruiser such as the Bentley Continental GT are racing cars? No, these cars are powerful GT Cruiser, wonderful to drive daily on normal open road (wich is the most important thing, most important ok?). Leave those stupid toys to Germans. The RC F drives better of the m4 on any autobahn, it ride smooth, comfortable and faster, definitely the most enjoyable car in its league for the everyday use. If you want to have fun, seriously, get a Lotus Elise, a Toyota GT86 or a Miata.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Declaring someone, for sharing their thoughts, as stupid is not something we appreciate in this forum. Let's leave the name calling out of this.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
The simple truth is that the RC F doesn't stack up against the competition when performing an overall comparison of vehicles in its price range. Referring to the C63 and M3/4 as stupid toys when compared to the RC F simply doesn't make sense. One also doesn't have to drive a car on a track to appreciate its features. The general industry consensus is that those German vehicles are outstanding. Having driven the new C63, it certainly did impress.

Buying an RC F over a better-performing German alternative boils down to brand affinity. Although the C63 outperforms it, I'd buy the RC F instead as I sense a much more complex design philosophy in a Lexus than in any other brand. Let's not however break the competition down to try and build Lexus up. The Germans know what they're doing in this segment and opting for a C63 or M3/4 over an RC F would be the most logical decision for most performance-oriented buyers.
German engineering is terribly overrated, just looking back I see Mercedes A Class in 1997 and Audi TT in 1999, both screwed up by a couple of stability test, BMW m3 with blown engine in an head to head with the IS F (you can find it easily on YT). Today we're in front at the hugest swindle ever in the car history: The VW cheating emissions, a software used (even in 3 liter engines) just because they couldn't manage the pollution produced by their engines...funny because all the other carmakers, without cheating software, does it. And we're still here talkin about superior German engineering. I'd take any Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio or Cadillac V over any overrated german anytime any day.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Declaring someone, for sharing their thoughts, as stupid is not something we appreciate in this forum. Let's leave the name calling out of this.
I didn't say he's stupid. I just find it nonsense talkin about seconds, track performance, about street cars which will never be used on track.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I didn't say he's stupid. I just find it nonsense talkin about seconds, track performance, about street cars which will never used on track.

Well, if I wanted an RC F type car, I would look at the horsepower, speed, 0-60 etc... Why would I go buy a high performance car and ignore the fact that it is slower than the competition? It doesn't make sense.

And yes, I would take it to the track, I wouldn't race it on the highway.

If we use your logic, why build the the LX to take on different terrains and excel? Would you call people that look at an LX for that purpose childish?

Axel

Fan
Reactions
The RCF beat the compatition on the road. I'm tired of hearing about the overrated Germans. If the Germans had a N/A V8 and lexus with turbo I swear to you these bunch of loses would make the Germans win just for making good noise. Good thing lexus don't listen to losers because no mater what they do "the Germans are right lexus is wrong"

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
Well, if I wanted an RC F type car, I would look at the horsepower, speed, 0-60 etc... Why would I go buy a high performance car and ignore the fact that it is slower than the competition? It doesn't make sense.

And yes, I would take it to the track, I wouldn't race it on the highway.

If we use your logic, why build the the LX to take on different terrains and excel? Would you call people that look at an LX for that purpose childish?
To go off road may be a necessity (usually it is). To take the car on track is it? Btw I saw several comparison between RC F and M4 and the RC F has been just a little bit slower than the M4 (differences that you'll never notice on public roads) but much more enjoyable, better engine sound (much better) and even more comfortable. The Toyota GT86 (or Scion FR-S) isn't fast like a VW Golf GTi but which one will give you real driving pleasure? Numbers doesn't prove anything.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I didn't say he's stupid. I just find it nonsense talkin about seconds, track performance, about street cars which will never be used on track.

Your post has been edited to something more in line with what we expect from members of our community. Appreciate the passion, but I'm sure you can share your opinion without the dramatic language.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions

Your post has been edited to something more in line with what we expect from members of our community. Appreciate the passion, but I'm sure you can share your opinion without the dramatic language.
I'm sorry Krew. I sincerely apologize. It will not be repeated.

Reactions
The RCF beat the compatition on the road. I'm tired of hearing about the overrated Germans. If the Germans had a N/A V8 and lexus with turbo I swear to you these bunch of loses would make the Germans win just for making good noise. Good thing lexus don't listen to losers because no mater what they do "the Germans are right lexus is wrong"
Fair enough, it's just Lexus isn't as keen with sports cars as the Germans, although they have more than proved their point with the LFA. If the RCF was just lighter, all it has to be is lighter! It would be absolutely fantastic. I also think people are rough on its design, I quite like it, in fact I really like it. But I've heard Lexus is making a GT3 version, so weight savings here we come, now that's something to talk about.

Reactions
I understand... but Lexus could just do a thing or two to the RCF and it would be magical, if I were in the market it would either be a C63 or RCF. To credit others, Mercedes or really any German car manafacturer is very overrated, especially the whole "German engineering" junk. Also what other people have said, numbers don't matter, and that is so true, but they are lacking in the single biggest department, aside from the engine, and that is weight. I've stressed this in other comments but if they could just shave some weight off and dial down the handling so it grips a wee bit better, that would fantastic. Didn't mean to get anyone fired up, just stating what I think. Thanks

Reactions: RAL

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I love the fiery nature (maybe a bit over the top) but we all love Lexus here and want what's best for the company! Exciting times RX is out GSF will be out soon and the new LS concept is out! Keep it up Lexus we're proud of the new changes! It's exciting to look and to drive a Lexus and that means a lot to us hard core fans!

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I love the fiery nature (maybe a bit over the top) but we all love Lexus here and want what's best for the company! Exciting times RX is out GSF will be out soon and the new LS concept is out! Keep it up Lexus we're proud of the new changes! It's exciting to look and to drive a Lexus and that means a lot to us hard core fans!
Well said buddy. We are Lexus Enthusiasts! Enjoy the weekend my Lexus family.

Travis

Fan
Reactions
The RCF isnt a joke. How can a car with 467hp RWD be a joke? Spoken like someone who read too many b*llsh*t reviews.