Imagining the Next-Generation Lexus LS Flagship Sedan

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-04-lexus-lf-fc-ls-production-400x200.jpg

Photochopper RM Design has created a rendering of next-generation Lexus LS using the LF-FC concept from the Tokyo Motor Show and elements of the new RX crossover.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm kinda hoping the LS has disconnected LED DRLs like the LF-FC.

Other than that, not a bad render!

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Hopefully Lexus will take the new LS a notch above the competition in the tech department.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
I am glad that Lexus designers can create a car with curves and lines without making it look bloated or like melted wax (ahem* Infiniti ahem*). Still, I think Lexus should hire me as a part-time consultant. :p

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I think the LF-FC is what the LS is going to look like, sans hologram obviously but the gesture control may actually be there. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a huge reduction in buttons and have just one huge display but in a stylish way. Not squared out like all other manufacturers.

I think Lexus will also have an app that will allow you to control certain aspects of the vehicle; finger print on iOS and facial recognition/finger print on Android both technologies that exist. Don't forget the Apple Watch.

I also think that the new LS will launch with a Fuel Cell only car.

I can't wait for the new LS. It will seriously challenge Tesla, a great step for Lexus since that is where the world is headed. Attempting to challenge Mercedes and BMW by building far more efficient engines or adding twin turbos is not necessarily the way forward. Mercedes has all of them beat since they have the F1 team dominating that area. What they need to do is jump forward a few years and start working on what's next.

D

DDas

I think the LF-FC is what the LS is going to look like, sans hologram obviously but the gesture control may actually be there. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a huge reduction in buttons and have just one huge display but in a stylish way. Not squared out like all other manufacturers.

I think Lexus will also have an app that will allow you to control certain aspects of the vehicle; finger print on iOS and facial recognition/finger print on Android both technologies that exist. Don't forget the Apple Watch.

I also think that the new LS will launch with a Fuel Cell only car.

I can't wait for the new LS. It will seriously challenge Tesla, a great step for Lexus since that is where the world is headed. Attempting to challenge Mercedes and BMW by building far more efficient engines or adding twin turbos is not necessarily the way forward. Mercedes has all of them beat since they have the F1 team dominating that area. What they need to do is jump forward a few years and start working on what's next.
I like and agree with everything you said but the fuel cell only LS. I completely disagree. There is no way Lexus will make the LS a fuel cell only vehicle; they wouldn't even make it a hybrid only. The LS will most likely get its first F variant soon and I doubt Lexus has tested F performance with fuel cell technology yet.

RAL

Reactions
Nice, but the headlights, swoosh, and bumper need the sculpting and drama of the LF-FC , befitting of a flag ship.
exactly ... the fractal mesh grille has the look of flagship ... the RX grille is ... well, RX

Also, I wonder if the new LS will have fog lights? ... seems like I read on our site ... someone remarking that with the new higher level of headlight technology, upscale cars will embrace a cleaner appearance by eliminating fog lights ... anyone else remember reading this?

Last edited:

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I like and agree with everything you said but the fuel cell only LS. I completely disagree. There is no way Lexus will make the LS a fuel cell only vehicle; they wouldn't even make it a hybrid only. The LS will most likely get its first F variant soon and I doubt Lexus has tested F performance with fuel cell technology yet.
Sorry, I meant that they will launch a car that is fuel cell only not that they will launch one car.

Reactions: RAL

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I greatly despise this rendering, as it's not creative. Slapping an AL20 RX face on that of a future flagship, does nothing to tell anyone of what it will look like in non F-Sport form. Lexus might evolve the grille the way BMW has done so over time, but make a mesh design the standard grille.

By now, Toyota has already filed design patents on both the production model and LF-FC in domestic Japan, since last month. Both have yet to be published, but the applicant (Toyota JKK) will typically apply for publication deferment to better overlap with market launch timetables.

This is standard Toyota modus operandi in regards to protecting intellectual property. They will never show a concept, until patents have been filed with photographic or CAD representation of design.

When I compare the likes of the 4GS and LF-Gh patents over 3 years ago, it is how I determined the development timeline in regards to concept vs production. The 4GS was in design patents over 5 years ago, despite being launched in 2012. The LF-NX and NX patents were filed simultaneously in 2013, as well as that for 3RX and LF-Xh in 2007.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Well I give credit for the attempt, but otherwise an uninspired rendering.