Lexus Releases Image of Upcoming Tokyo Motor Show Concept

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-21-lexus-concept-tokyo-hero-400x200.jpg

With just one week before the Tokyo Motor Show, there’s finally a teaser image of the upcoming Lexus concept.
View the original article post

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
When news broke that Lexus would be unveiling a "progressive luxury concept", I thought there were 3 possibilities - LS, LC or CT. Or, we could all be wrong and Lexus could be introducing something new altogether- a fastback, a wagon/estate perhaps. Or even the 3-row. Who knows. Time will tell.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Or, we could all be wrong and Lexus could be introducing something new altogether- a fastback, a wagon/estate perhaps.

Straight up, I look at this image and see a Mercedes CLS competitor. Something about the angles in the hood.

rayaans

Fan
Reactions
Thats got to be the LS, hood looks too big to be a CT - but then, it may just be the picture!

Having said that, my source at Lexus did say that he has seen the new LS at the same time he saw the new RX and GS-F before they were out so its most likely the LS

James

Founding Member
Reactions
LS would be great so would a new ISF...any chance at that?!?

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Exciting teaser! It is time to see an update for the LS, but this seems to be a pretty bold styling statement for the flagship. I could see it as a potential CLS/6-series gran coupe competitor, only about a week until we find out more!

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
FINALLY! I have been waiting 4-6 years to see at least something regarding a replacement to the XF40/4LS. A decade is long enough! This is almost how many felt regarding the 12-year running W126 S-Class never being replaced, because its successor took forever to develop and went through two major updates (1985 and 1988) before the over-engineeered next generation (W140) arrived in mid-1991.

The same story at Jaguar from 1986-2002 (stayed on same platform for XJ40/X300/X308), except that wasn't so much the happiest ending with X350 XJ. To be honest, doesn't the current LS generation's life cycle nearly echo that of the LS400? The LS400 ran 1989-2000 with a "redesign" in between and 2 facelifts, until the LS430 in 2000. The current LS will retire with an (2006-2017) 11 year run!

Don't it remind anyone of this though? One will be able to gauge how similar the production model is, in comparing the utilization of the LF-NX as a preview of the-then upcoming NX (AZ10).
Lexus-LF-NX_pixanews-13-680x453.jpg

The LS or the 'LC' (Lexus Cohen) ???

The LC is this... The car that keeps WRONGLY being called "SC", when trademarks for LC500 and LC500h were filed a year ago.

information_items_14155.jpg

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
LS would be great so would a new ISF...any chance at that?!?

If they are developing that, one shouldn't really expect it until/after the IS facelift in late 2016-2017. The IS-F was launched in early 2008, some months ahead of the XE20/2IS facelift. The 2IS was launched in October 2005. The IS-F facelift came out in late 2010 alongside the secondary 2IS facelift, which both paralleled concept approval of the current 3IS/XE30 body design.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
The LC is this... The car that keeps WRONGLY being called "SC", when trademarks for LC500 and LC500h were filed a year ago.

information_items_14155.jpg

Awesome teaser! After some thinking, I believe it it the next LS and not the LC for instance. Look at the hood creases that don't match the LC's. And also, does anyone see two???

Finally, brightening it up reveals a tiny more detail, an F/ F Sport grille mesh!

upload_2015-10-21_13-8-41.png

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Awesome teaser! After some thinking, I believe it it the next LS and not the LC for instance. Look at the hood creases that don't match the LC's. And also, does anyone see two???

Finally, brightening it up reveals a tiny more detail, an F/ F Sport grille mesh!

View attachment 928
;)Great work on the brightening, but yes I was referring to the 5LS, not the LC coupe with the teaser. Definitely not a CT either. I was just pointing out to Olfius that LC is not referring to Lexus Cohen, but the upcoming coupe. I no longer call that LF-LC, only strictly LC or 950A (development name) and definitely not SC.

Reactions
I'd say not an LS, Lexus tends to go hard with LS headlights, and these don't look too crazy...but then again it's just 1 angle so hard to tell.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I'd say not an LS, Lexus tends to go hard with LS headlights, and these don't look too crazy...but then again it's just 1 angle so hard to tell.

There's some truth to that. Although striking, the triple L headlamps and separate LED DRL "swoosh" resemble too much the "more pedestrian" NX's and mid-level GS's. One would expect more distinction and imposing look for the LS...

There's still a chance it could be the CT concept since its release is also possibly slated for MY '17...