Lexus Named Most Reliable Automotive Brand in USA by Consumer Reports

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-20-lexus-nx-consumer-reports-400x200.jpg

Once again, Lexus has been named the top brand in the annual Consumer Reports Reliability Survey. All seven vehicle lines offered by Lexus received top reliability marks.
View the original article post

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
Well duur? Lexus trumps them brands, just this morning I saw a BMW 3 series by the R21 freeway with fumes and open bonnet, before that was another 5 Series wagon that caught fire on the N14! Not singling out BMW though

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Well duur? Lexus trumps them brands, just this morning I saw a BMW 3 series by the R21 freeway with fumes and open bonnet, before that was another 5 Series wagon that caught fire on the N14! Not singling out BMW though
It's funny you mentioned that, yesterday I saw a 335i pulled to the side of the 826 with the hood opened, and a few weeks ago a m5 on the i95 same issue.

Reactions
The big surprise is Audi at #3 ?!?!? They do not have a good track record by JD Power and Associates.

Reactions: CIF

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
One minor commentary and quibble: Krew's article states that "All seven vehicle lines offered by Lexus received top reliability marks". Lexus, in fact, currently offers 10 distinct vehicle lines in North America. Why the discrepancy? Three of those model lines did not garner enough replies from Consumer Reports subscribers (a minimum of 100 per model) to figure in their survey. LX and RC are most likely to be excluded from the CR Lexus results. It is open to debate whether the third exclusion is NX (again, due to possible low response rates) or RX (the new 4th-gen will launch roughly at the same time as Consumer Reports' annual New Car issue hits the newsstands in mid-November).

This and other commentary on the 2015 Consumer Reports Auto Reliability survey (including Lexus' rivals, the top 5 brands and Tesla's fall from grace) appear in this Kaizen Factor article I wrote:
http://kaizen-factor.com/lexus-and-toyota-deliver-a-1-2-knockout-punch-in-consumer-reports-2015-reliability-survey/

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Kudos to Lexus and Toyota, amazing work especially with larger lineups and more complicated cars. Audi, wow!

Hooray again!

MB 21st? Ouch.

Thing is its in a weird way expected and it doesn't matter how poorly they do, it doesn't hurt sales or image.

Contrarily seeing Acura, Infiniti and Cadillac so low gives people even less of a reason to go with them since they have a big uphill battle. First time buyers likely won't buy again since they expected a hassle free experience.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Kudos to Lexus and Toyota, amazing work especially with larger lineups and more complicated cars. Audi, wow!

Thing is its in a weird way expected and it doesn't matter how poorly they do, it doesn't hurt sales or image.

Contrarily seeing Acura, Infiniti and Cadillac so low gives people even less of a reason to go with them since they have a big uphill battle. First time buyers likely won't buy again since they expected a hassle free experience.

That's so true. I have colleagues who love their MB's and Bimmers despite the electrical and mechanical gremlins.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The big surprise is Audi at #3 ?!?!? They do not have a good track record by JD Power and Associates.

Yes, especially given the huge lies of VW with their emissions scandal, Audi quality and reliability certainly can't be trusted IMO.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes, Audi's recent television advertisement aired with the phrase saying something about "truth in engineering" should be giving legal department some heartburn, given the ongoing fraud / false advertising investigations. But that's mild compared to the fraudulent advertising by VW surrounding "clean" diesel regarding both low emissions and inflated fuel economy while running dirty.

I have friends with current gen A4(s), A5, and A6 models, a bit boring (as noted numerous times by the A6 owner) but they have been reliable so far. (I've driven only the A4 and A5.)