Lexus Russia Announces LX 450d with Twin-Turbo Diesel Engine

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-15-lexus-lx-450d-russia-400x200.jpg

Lexus Russia has just announced the 2016 LX 450d, marking the first time the flagship full-size SUV has been offered with a diesel engine.
View the original article post

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Russia is the biggest market for this in the world, since they sell plenty of LX's and still drive diesels....

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Diesels make a lot of sense in South Africa as well. Fuel is expensive (our currency is weak) and we cover a lot of ground as there are loads of safari destinations and our public transportation is unsafe for day to day use. Looking forward to seeing the LX450d in SA. Good move Lexus!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Diesels make a lot of sense in South Africa as well. Fuel is expensive (our currency is weak) and we cover a lot of ground as there are loads of safari destinations and our public transportation is unsafe for day to day use. Looking forward to seeing the LX450d in SA. Good move Lexus!

It will be interesting to see what regions get the LX 450d -- I would expect South Africa to be one, and Australia to be another.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
25mpg? Damn...
When we had LC200, we would get around 15-18l/100km in 4.4 V8 D4D and 25-30l/100km in 4.7 V8.

So difference in consumption is huge.... however, petrol V8 feels much better, pulls stronger, is quieter and more refined.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

It will be interesting to see what regions get the LX 450d -- I would expect South Africa to be one, and Australia to be another.
might depend on regulations and how well LX sells there.

V8 D4D is only compliant with EuroV, thats why LC200 dissapeared from EU markets this year.

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
Do you think Lexus SA will ever bring it? Tha'd be awesome really!

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Do you think Lexus SA will ever bring it? Tha'd be awesome really!
I do indeed and don't foresee any problems re suitability of the engine as it will re-use the same engine as in the Land Cruiser 200. As such I'd be very surprised if they didn't - hope my feeling is right :)

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Dealers in South Africa are already taking orders for the LX450d
Thanks for the info! Are you also able to shed some light on the following?

1. When will we finally have one of the new F vehicles on sale in SA?
2. Can we expect to see an RC convertible in 2016?
3. How much will the LX450d sell for?

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
Well then this would make it the first Lexus ever diesel to enter SA shores ,since we never got the previous Gen Lexus IS220d it was only sold in EU.

farid

Premium Member
Reactions
why lexus russia????why not usa and other country?????is this the motor(450d) just for russia or all LX model in other country?????
why the official lexus site announced this motor(450d)??????

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks for the info! Are you also able to shed some light on the following?

1. When will we finally have one of the new F vehicles on sale in SA?
2. Can we expect to see an RC convertible in 2016?
3. How much will the LX450d sell for?

No RC F for SA :( , no news on GS F yet
No news on the convertible
I don't know the price yet, it is still to be released.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
This is an old diesel motor thats been available for a long time in other models. It won't pass US emission standards unless Toyota decides to v-dub it.

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
No RC F for SA :( , no news on GS F yet
No news on the convertible
I don't know the price yet, it is still to be released.
The RCF is only driven by Lexus Executives in SA, a few units. I went to enquire in Lexus Midrand last week! ..The Rand is the problem.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I have been expecting this for the past year or two, as it has been rumoured since about 2013. When the changes were unveiled, I knew something was missing and almost worried that I predicted the LX450d wrongly.

This Diesel LX is not being released in Australia.

Based on what? Trademarks were not filed in UK nor US, but Australia. Unless this was a last minute decision, I don't see why it won't ever be.