Lexus RC F Competes in Motor Trend's Best Driving Car Comparison

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-06-lexus-rc-f-motor-trend-comparison-400x200.jpg

The Lexus RC F has finished eighth in the annual Motor Trend Best Driver’s Car comparison test.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Well what did they think it was going to be slow..:? They were driving a high end sports coupe not the CT (which is great for what it's used for!) if you take the Lexus badge off and put the Audi, Benz, or BMW they would say it's fast enough. I guess haters are just going to hate. Keep it up Lexus and bring back the ISF...:)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Follow up on this article to come as I've driven the GT4 and GT S and RC F so I can offer my take.... in this company the RC F has its work cut out for it...

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Lol they did a lap the car was on the automatic moode meaning the car was changing gears itself. Like top gear sometimes you get the feeling they don't want the RCF to prove itself faster then some cars. They complained about the N/A engine pulling like a snail but the more the time they spend on this car convasation change to complimenting this engine that it strong and responsive. Also they complained about the gearbox but at the end they ended up complimenting this box. I'm tired of these reviews

D

DDas

The problem is people don't understand Lexus as a brand. They still see it as the "luxury Toyota." They see that Lexus is trying to improve itself and introduce themselves to new categories like the RCF, but they don't understand that Lexus isn't going to get it the exact way they want right away. For this [RCF] being the first of its kind for Lexus, it's pretty amazing. Will they understand that? Never. Personally, the RCF is the better driving car. Hands down. It combines track performance with every day driving and reviewers will never understand how amazing that is and how much car enthusiasts and every day drivers appreciate that. It's not always about track performance. Also, I love the picture included. I cannot get over how sexy that RCF looks compared to the losers kissing its ass in the background.

Reactions
Looking at all of the cars in the competition, I definitely expected the RC F would place in the bottom half. 8th may seem harsh, but I think it placed about where it should have and it's probably a good thing it fell that far. I feel the RC F's and it's Franken-chassis of a mistake prove to be a valuable lesson for Lexus moving forward in building performance vehicles. The RC F deserved it's own new platform. Trial and Error. F marque is still INCREDIBLY young, and they produced a beast of a car in the RC F. It's getting there, looking forward to that LC F/SC F!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
And then they announced the V8 is dead thisweek. I can't stand all this "turbo everything in our line-up" but if that's the direction they're going, I'm glad I bought a pair of normally aspirated V6's this year. AnRC-F suitor without a V-8 just won't be the same. This most likely kills any hope of an IS-F coming back in all its 2007 V8 glory.
Sigh... what could have been... some of us are willing to trade fuel economy for performance. If you're scared of the gas bill, don't buy the car.
Not directly related, but there is no shortage of demand for two door sporty cars in the market powered by V-8 engines: Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, Mustang, R8 V-8, MB ANAMG series etc. Let the CT's and the hybrids carry the fuel economy burden. Turbo V6's and 4-cylinder don't cut it even it vines to true performance.