Video: Fifth Gear Reviews the Lexus NX 300h F SPORT

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
CIF
15-10-05-lexus-nx-offroading-400x200.jpg

Watch the Fifth Gear team take the Lexus NX 300h F SPORT offroading in a surprising review.
View the original article post

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
"Its really really clever, its brilliant what Lexus do". CVT, not my cup of tea, NX is my Cappuccino with extra foam.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Nice and honest report, even though it is a bit short and bizar taking the NX off-road. It's a nice surprise that it shows qualities off-road.
And at least this team doesn't go moaning about 'lack of sportiness in contrast with the sporty look' like 80% of the press articles out there.

It's about time that Lexus comes out with a better alternative to the e-CVT. We would sell even more of these.
But when you know how to deal with it (when accelerating, keep the power meter in the middle of the 'power' zone) and you don't push the NX 300h like if you're driving an RC F, the NX is a very smoothly driving car and by far the most refined in its segment.

S10

Reactions
Nice and honest report, even though it is a bit short and bizar taking the NX off-road. It's a nice surprise that it shows qualities off-road.
And at least this team doesn't go moaning about 'lack of sportiness in contrast with the sporty look' like 80% of the press articles out there.

It's about time that Lexus comes out with a better alternative to the e-CVT. We would sell even more of these.
But when you know how to deal with it (when accelerating, keep the power meter in the middle of the 'power' zone) and you don't push the NX 300h like if you're driving an RC F, the NX is a very smoothly driving car and by far the most refined in its segment.
The hybrid system works so well thanks to the e-CVT. If they want to use another system, they would have to review the whole hybrid system.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
The hybrid system works so well thanks to the e-CVT. If they want to use another system, they would have to review the whole hybrid system.
No need to review the whole system. With nowadays electronic technology they could at least build in some fake gears in Sport mode. In that case you would be able to choose a smooth, relaxed and more ecologic/economic driving style (EV, Eco or Normal mode) or a more dynamic style (Sport mode). Now the Sport mode doesn't change the way the e-CVT is behaving.

Reactions
What's perplexing to me is why do these "so called automotive journo's" take a crossover/SUV model to the track like its a Caterham 7 or something. I wish journalists were not all sheep and followed the same pattern of reviewing Lexus vehicles with their CVT-negative bias. Let's face it, the NX is going to be used mainly as a family car taking the kids to school and as such it makes a great proposition in its segment. It#s a quality car with distinctive style and a great alternative to Ze Germans!

Reactions: Joe