Lexus UK Builds Origami Car Completely from Cardboard

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-05-lexus-origami-car-hero-400x200.jpg

Lexus UK has created an IS made completely from cardboard, which they’ve called the Origami Car.
View the original article post

Reactions: RAL

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
Ironic how they used a wasteful material to make a model based on a hybrid.

Reactions
it's cool but seems like they don't know the meaning of origami ....origami is the art of folded paper....this is far from that....it's just made of slices of cardboard....cool but not origami :S

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I'm sorry, but that actually scares/disturbs me (in a childlike manner). Still a creative effort, but I really cannot look at it with ease.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow that is just stunning work!
Now that's what I call BRILLIANT marketing!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I'm sorry, but that actually scares/disturbs me (in a childlike manner). Still a creative effort, but I really cannot look at it with ease.

Nightmares of paper cars as a child? :)

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Nightmares of paper cars as a child? :)
Well, not really.;) It's just the texturing and it being so full-size. I work with clay models very often, so I've learned to get used to "fake" cars in 1:1. As long as they don't look "mutated", it helps. I honestly prefer clay or fibreglass, with paper as a substitute for design features/cues.

The last thing to put off like this example, was this image from 6 years ago. It just looked so wrong, that it gave me the shivers. I guess some things make me tick for weird reasons. I can barely look at the Infiniti pic...:oops:
auto-show-photos.asp

Last edited: