A Different Interpretation of the Lexus Three-Row Crossover

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-01-lexus-three-row-crossover-400x200.jpg

Top Speed has created a rendering that combines elements of the new Lexus RX and updated LX, and it makes for a compelling design for the much-rumored seven-seat crossover.
View the original article post

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
What the LX should have looked like. Wider and shorter.

Offroading should be left to the Land Cruiser. I mean seriously, how many LX owners besides the ones in the Middle East go offroading in their LX?

Lexus is a luxury brand, they do not need to make their cars crawl down a steep slope or get out of a trench. Drop the car a few inches, make the 21's the default, add some low profile 22's, supercharge the engine for the LX F then sit back and watch the orders come through.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions

Offroading should be left to the Land Cruiser. I mean seriously, how many LX owners besides the ones in the Middle East go offroading in their LX?

Lexus is a luxury brand, they do not need to make their cars crawl down a steep slope or get out of a trench. Drop the car a few inches, make the 21's the default, add some low profile 22's, supercharge the engine for the LX F then sit back and watch the orders come through.
I agree with you.

ydooby

Follower
Reactions

The Range Rover and the G-wagon are luxury BOF SUVs and they too need some competition.

Just badge a long-wheelbase RX as the TX and they'll be set already. I really don't understand what's taking Lexus so long to do something so obvious.

D

DDas

No need for the floating roof. That should be a one time only thing they did to the RX. Also, the separated LEDs do not look good especially on this. This render takes an L in my opinion.

Reactions: RAL

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

Not sure I agree. That's exactly what the Range Rover (a classic luxury brand, despite its unreliability) does......crawl over rocks, while keeping its occupants cushy in the process (at least by off-road standards). You don't do that with low-profile 22's. As far as watching the orders go, demand for the Range Rover in my area has sharply outstripped supply for months. When I planned to review a RR, for example, I simply couldn't find an unsold one in my area.

Reactions: CIF

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Not sure I agree. That's exactly what the Range Rover (a classic luxury brand, despite its unreliability) does......crawl over rocks, while keeping its occupants cushy in the process (at least by off-road standards). You don't do that with low-profile 22's. As far as watching the orders go, demand for the Range Rover in my area has sharply outstripped supply for months. When I planned to review a RR, for example, I simply couldn't find an unsold one in my area.

Yeah rocks not an all terrain vehicle plus they can release 2 types of LX or an off-roading LX and a road only LX. Seriously who takes an autobiography Range off-roading?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
The Range Rover and the G-wagon are luxury BOF SUVs and they too need some competition.

Just badge a long-wheelbase RX as the TX and they'll be set already. I really don't understand what's taking Lexus so long to do something so obvious.

That is absolutely not correct, as our Range Rover has not been body-on-frame since about 2002 (LP/P38A retirement) and that decision was made in 1995-96 under BMW ownership. It has been a monocoque chassis since the third generation, L322 was introduced in late 2001. Only the LX570 and Geländewagen are luxury brand body-on-frame offerings in this stratosphere. Nissan is already developing the next Patrol and QX80, for 2018. That might go higher as well, as some rumour the next Armada will be more upscale (Patrol-like) and the next QX80 even more so.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Nissan is already developing the next Patrol and QX80, for 2018. That might go higher as well, as some rumour the next Armada will be more upscale (Patrol-like) and the next QX80 even more so.

I really hope that Nissan-Infiniti completely change the looks of the QX80. It is honestly one of the most ugliest vehicles on the road today.