Design Review: 2016 Lexus GS F SPORT Brings LF-Gh Concept to Life

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
15-09-24-lexus-gs-f-sport-2016-400x200.jpg

When the 2016 Lexus GS F SPORT appeared at the Frankfurt Motor Show last week, there was a clear sense of déjà vu.
View the original article post

Last edited:

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Stunning similarities. This is how the 4th gen GS should've started, but I understand the evolutionary process it took to get here.

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
The facelift does indeed bring the production car closer to the concept. I loved the pre-facelift GS,but the new one is even better-looking. The GS as it was meant to be,if you catch my drift.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
The car is beautifully sculpted! GS sales will definitely increase due to the 2.0 turbo model. I hope we have more wheel options for the F Sport model.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The 2016 GS update is polarizing for some, but I personally love it exactly because it's closer to the LF-Gh concept. Awesome write up!

This makes it really interesting trying to imagine what the next-gen GS is going to look like.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
It is true that the facelifted GS is closer to the original concept LF-Gh than the outgoing GS.:cool:
One interesting detail though is only adopted in the design on the recent NX and the new RX: the form of the spindle grille slightly coming back in the rear. This detail was already present on the LF-Gh, but not on the production GS... In the design lines on the trunk on both NX and RX it is clearly visible.;)

2015-Lexus-NX-200t-F-SPORT-049.jpg

15-04-17-gallery-lexus-rx-silver-5.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
While the 4GS has been a success, I do wonder if going bolder - like this 2016 model in 2013 - would have been better? The spindle spread so quickly that I think the 4GS front end looked somewhat dated - compared to the rest of the lineup - very quickly.