Lexus Sales Up 50% in Western Europe

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
15-09-17-lexus-nx-f-sport-400x200.jpg

At this week's Frankfurt Motor Show, Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe, provided an update on the company's sales success in Europe.
View the original article post

Last edited:

C.Guenther

Founding Member
Reactions
Impressive figures - I am looking forward for a new CT and GS space wagon, like BMW Touring

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Nice! Now I wonder how sales would be impacted if added more diesel offerings in Europe...

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
honestly what making this increase is that LEXUS is differ than the European or any other regarding the Fuel Consumption
every maker even Toyota have Diesel engines for high MPG and low emissions except LEXUS, they are making this by the power of H
if this strategy changed to Diesel LEXUS have no way to increase , specially most of European just by European
and honestly yes the LEXUS handling getting much more better but still not neat as the Germans especially on the basic non F sport cars
in Europe LEXUS must not even have a gasoline but a lot of H engines , the 200h, 300h, 450h, 600h the new 500h and they need even more

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Nice! Now I wonder how sales would be impacted if added more diesel offerings in Europe...
doubled or at least 50% more? Keep in mind that this is not large number still, so maybe extra 40-50k per year if they do v6 as well.

new diesels should come to Toyota within next 2 years, I am sure there will be 4cly one for Lexus but I truly hope they will also do V6 one as well. New diesel in Prado has been getting rave reviews so far and Toyota expects over 1m sold per year by 2018.

Forget nonsense about them not offering it, they simply dont have suitable engines right now... if they can offer turbo petrol that has very, very limited potential in europe, bar russia, then they can also do diesels.

BenzCity

Fan
Reactions
doubled or at least 50% more? Keep in mind that this is not large number still, so maybe extra 40-50k per year if they do v6 as well.

new diesels should come to Toyota within next 2 years, I am sure there will be 4cly one for Lexus but I truly hope they will also do V6 one as well. New diesel in Prado has been getting rave reviews so far and Toyota expects over 1m sold per year by 2018.

Forget nonsense about them not offering it, they simply dont have suitable engines right now... if they can offer turbo petrol that has very, very limited potential in europe, bar russia, then they can also do diesels.
Do you mean they will be replacing BMW sourced engines with self developed ones in the future?

I don't think that 100,000 units in 2020 is achievable without new models and/or new engine options. Sure NX is selling great but without new selling points (like diesels or other engines in the next CT) or new models in hot segments it will not be a sustainable one growth.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Do you mean they will be replacing BMW sourced engines with self developed ones in the future?

I don't think that 100,000 units in 2020 is achievable without new models and/or new engine options. Sure NX is selling great but without new selling points (like diesels or other engines in the next CT) or new models in hot segments it will not be a sustainable one growth.

Of course... within 2 years we will likely get Toyota engines. They developed 4 new turbo engines in the past year, two of them being diesel and they actually share components like that in-house turbocharger. 1.4 D4D has also been made EuroVI compliant and is used worldwide... so new Auris, Yaris and Rav4 in 2-3 years will likely get new gen engines, probably 2 extra ones with various outputs... but lets hope they do V6 as well for Land Cruisers and Lexus.

Keep in mind Toyota sells around 1mil diesels per year (at best), so they do have the volume. Japanese are very pragmatic, I dont see why they wouldnt offer diesels in Lexus, simply because they will have them for Toyota's. For instance, Prado engine was made for worldwide application and it has 3 different emissions configurations (nothing, DPF, SCR+DPF) and they are now selling it in Japan as clean diesel.. Today is changed world, so 180hp diesel with automatic could go to many Lexus vehicles like CT, IS, GS, NX and small crossover.

As to the European sales, I agree... diesel will easily bump this over 100k but who knows. For instance, if Russia wasnt in slump, Lexus would probably do well over 70k this year... especially since 2.0t will be very popular there. With CT and small crossover, we could see 100k even without diesel... in 2016 they are starting to open up dealers in many countries that they closed them in by 2012... so organic growth is possible even if Lexus sales are very front loaded here.