Video: Lexus GS F Key Performance Features

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
CIF
15-09-16-lexus-gs-f-performance-400x200.jpg

Lexus International has posted a video highlighting the key performance features of the 2016 GS F.
View the original article post

RDS

Fan
Reactions
I've love to see Lexus GS F being put against rivals like Audi RS6 , BMW M5 , Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG ... and the scary output 650-hp 881-Nm Cadillac CTS-V , I want to see how the Lexus GS F managed , when against such deadly (on paper) rival .

I need to know comparison of ,
- build quality (like fit finish , material quality)
- performance (straight line , corner , around track)
- comfort (they're not track day car , so it needs to be good comfort , too)

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
I've love to see Lexus GS F being put against rivals like Audi RS6 , BMW M5 , Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG ... and the scary output 650-hp 881-Nm Cadillac CTS-V , I want to see how the Lexus GS F managed , when against such deadly (on paper) rival .

I need to know comparison of ,
- build quality (like fit finish , material quality)
- performance (straight line , corner , around track)
- comfort (they're not track day car , so it needs to be good comfort , too)

I think i already know the answer but still curious to see the camparo

+1 for build quality and comfort though.
I just don't see how this can stack up to a an AMG E63 or a M5 performance wise.

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I'm a Lexus guy through and through, but isn't Active Sound Control a little like cheating? Check out this article from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...b09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html

If you're a little lazy, like most Americans, here's a quote that is essentially the Reader's Digest version. 'The engine growl in some of America’s best-selling cars and trucks is actually a finely tuned bit of lip-syncing, boosted through special pipes or digitally faked altogether.'

I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed that Lexus is including this as their second listed 'performance enhancement' in this video. Enhanced performance similar to Milli Vanilli and Ashley Simpson if you ask me. This is not a feature I'm going to mention to my customers on a test drive.

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
I'm a Lexus guy through and through, but isn't Active Sound Control a little like cheating? Check out this article from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...b09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html

If you're a little lazy, like most Americans, here's a quote that is essentially the Reader's Digest version. 'The engine growl in some of America’s best-selling cars and trucks is actually a finely tuned bit of lip-syncing, boosted through special pipes or digitally faked altogether.'

I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed that Lexus is including this as their second listed 'performance enhancement' in this video. Enhanced performance similar to Milli Vanilli and Ashley Simpson if you ask me. This is not a feature I'm going to mention to my customers on a test drive.
Its no different than after market exhausts in small engines trying to achieve the sound of a bigger engine.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Seems there are different kinds. There are the fake engine noises, recorded sounds that are played into the cabin. Then there are speakers and/or vents that channel the engine sound into the cabin.

I'm still stunned a car like the M5 with a tt V-8 channels fake sounds into the cabin (not sure if they stopped this practice).

Reactions: CIF

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
Its no different than after market exhausts in small engines trying to achieve the sound of a bigger engine.

Actually I think there is a distinct difference. One way has an individual gear head doing whatever they can to squeeze any sort of performance upgrade they can out of their wimpy and inexpensive car. That's why so many Civics scream down the road at 30 mph with an exhaust note over 130 decibels. The other is when a manufacturer is acknowledging that their car is either an under-performer or they've simply engineered all the fun out of them so they have to pipe in engine Muzak to give the driver a false sense of acceleration.