Official: The Updated 2016 Lexus LX 570 Now Available in Japan

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-08-20-lexus-lx-japan-2016-400x200.jpg

Lexus will be bringing the updated 2016 LX 570 to Japan, making this the first time the full-size SUV has been offered in the country.
View the original article post

Reactions: CIF
Reactions
Not really the first time, the old LX450 was sold as the Land Cruiser Cygnus in Japan.

D

DDas

I know some people said this but why "LX=Luxury Crossover" I thought 'X' represented "Luxury Utility" rather than just "Crossover." And does GX stand for "Gran Crossover/Luxury Utility"? I don't know. Anyways, I love the new LX and like the new RX, the turn signals are sick! Good job Lexus!

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Amazing videos from Lexus JP, as usual. The main market for LX is obviously Middle East. The video reminds me of the adaptive swiveling LED headlights that showed up in some previous videos seen elsewhere. But this time the shot is clear and long enough to enjoy the motion.

Because of the better pictures from Lexus Japan, I can now recognize note subtle shapes and curves of this new LX.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I knew it was capable, but OMG, it has so many off-road capabilities it's unreal like Turn Assist and Multi-Terrain monitor.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I know some people said this but why "LX=Luxury Crossover" I thought 'X' represented "Luxury Utility" rather than just "Crossover." And does GX stand for "Gran Crossover/Luxury Utility"? I don't know. Anyways, I love the new LX and like the new RX, the turn signals are sick! Good job Lexus!

it is japanese ad, not american... for them it has different meaning.

Anyway, i think it is cool it explains customize mode in mode selection, so you can finally customize settings and not be limited to eco, normal, sport and sport+, quite few people asked about this before.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
I knew it was capable, but OMG, it has so many off-road capabilities it's unreal like Turn Assist and Multi-Terrain monitor.

To add, the video that shows the Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton has the message that the LX is still as almighty as the old LX/Land Cruiser in extreme road conditions -- remember it was sold as Toyota Land Cruiser in Japan and the video is also targeted at the Japanese market as well.

Reactions
Every time I look or see the new LX I like it even more every time. There is a new angle I see every time. Hope it sells a lot in the U.S.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Every time I look or see the new LX I like it even more every time. There is a new angle I see every time. Hope it sells a lot in the U.S.
It will, take the GX as a primary example. After they refreshed it, success! If consumers willingly spend money on that hideous infiniti qfo 80 barge, I don't see why people won't buy this gorgeous cruise ship. Even if the styling doesn't appeal to them that much their rock solid reliability and build quality will be the key selling points.

Brian

Founding Member
Reactions
Love the new LX! I have a feeling there could be a trade-in or new purchase for me next year. Love my RX, but man, the LX is a beauty and I could definitely use the extra room and amenities. We moved to NorCal about a year ago and have been hitting the road almost every weekend.