2023 Honda HR-V

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I cannot believe Honda made that extremely stylish HR-V for EU and JDM markets, and then debuted this junk for the US.

I can't think of any crossover on sale today that looks more uninspired, boring, and generic. And here I was thinking the Corolla Cross looks generic.. nah this is way worse.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Idk what folks want the HR-V to be, but both versions were hit by the ugly stick. I assume the two versions exist is because EU buyers want something smaller, while the NADM wants MORE ROOMMMMMM and CUPHOLDERS!!!!!!!

That being said I didnt see them launching a beautiful model either way, after seeing their crosstown rival launch the lazy Corolla Cross. Hopefully the saving grace will be that its magically got the new civic interior, which compared to the cross is a overall nicer place to be. If it gets the euro spec interior....well idk I guess flip a coin before you choose between the HRV vs Cross or if you like the jingle for happy honda days vs toyotathon.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Idk what folks want the HR-V to be, but both versions were hit by the ugly stick. I assume the two versions exist is because EU buyers want something smaller, while the NADM wants MORE ROOMMMMMM and CUPHOLDERS!!!!!!!

That being said I didnt see them launching a beautiful model either way, after seeing their crosstown rival launch the lazy Corolla Cross. Hopefully the saving grace will be that its magically got the new civic interior, which compared to the cross is a overall nicer place to be. If it gets the euro spec interior....well idk I guess flip a coin before you choose between the HRV vs Cross or if you like the jingle for happy honda days vs toyotathon.

Yeah like the Corolla cross this civic cross gonna sell. Just more boring cuvs on the road but that’s what people want. Moving it to the civic platform is smart and to appease their american fans who buy anything they put out.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting LE's Friends! GAC-Honda have been disclose the interior of ZR-V (USDM's HR-V) by a special show in Guangzhou somewhere, here is some photos.
It have many place like latest gen. Civic, But also have some unique design for glove box and door panel, and providing shift paddel on steering wheel. Engine now provide 1.5T L15CD engine, max output 134kW (179HP/182PS) and 240Nm torque.
Personal opionion this car will sell near 150k-180k RMB in China and provide 2L hybrid system in future. Competitive with Toyota's C-HR twins and Mazda CX-30, Nissan Qashqai and VW's T-ROC.

Original source by: Autohome.com.cn
Chw.jpg
Ch487.jpg
Chg714.jpg
ChxQ149.jpg
Chx835.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm not sure of the rationale for making the B-Class HR-V larger, when the CR-V is already one of the top-sellers in the compact C-Class crossover.

Having said that, however, I do agree with some posters here that it will probably compete with the Corolla Cross.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
I'm not sure of the rationale for making the B-Class HR-V larger, when the CR-V is already one of the top-sellers in the compact C-Class crossover.

Having said that, however, I do agree with some posters here that it will probably compete with the Corolla Cross.
Maybe you can think like this way. 2nd Gen. Vezel will become real "Fit Cross" for low-end market, the proof is that Honda is doing it. ChDM's Dongfeng-Honda 2nd Gen. XR-V(Vezel twins in China) at Chinese MIIT New Vehicle Declaration said use a NA 1.5L engine, maximum output only 91kW, that even less than the Fit in China.
So US-spec 2nd Gen. HR-V/ZR-V are born, use more refined interior and good enough powertrain to gain share in this segment. And I see some people close to Honda on network said this will be "most sporty SUV ever made by Honda"

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

If a larger HR-V is forecast to sell well -- and better than the previous generation -- there is the justification. North Americans do not like sub-compact vehicles.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Looks like a good place to be (the shifter area is my only gripe). That vent style really elevates the design.
I wonder if Acura would be badge engineering as many of these honda products as possible, its $$$$$$$$$

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
North Americans do not like sub-compact vehicles.
That was more the case in the past than today. The growth of the sub-compact crossover market in the U.S. has been explosive the last few years. I myself have a Buick Encore GX I simply love. These small crossovers have become attractive for their versatility, economy, and ease of manuvering/parking. And the Encore GX proves that they can also have reasonable comfort and quietness, and don't have to be cramped or stiff-riding, although, unfortunately, too many of them are, and GM's three-cylinder turbo is not the smoothest at low RPMs.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The definition of subcompact is quite different in NA vs. other places. I don't think NA buyers would want a Raize or Yaris Cross.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Sebass

Follower
Reactions

I like the Vezel more.
That sure is a car alright.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Interior is very nice like the current Civic, but yeah very very very dull exterior. Not looking forward to seeing these on the streets.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
For a person who this is targeted towards, this is super futuristic with digital IP, cameras, meshed HVAC etc as their first new vehicle, or first vehicle ever.

To think a couple years ago a fisher price plastic interior furnished with standard bluetooth audio passed as amazing.
Printing $$$$$

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I swear Honda USA can't design cars; it either ends up looking like a rice rocket, or something really plain or a weird ugly lump.