Good News.....the Los Angeles Auto Show is still on

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Despite the pandemic, as of now, the L.A. Auto Show is apparently still on this November......tickets are now on sale, for those who don't get free passes.

Mike, I know you regularly attended that show in the past, and I suspect that some other LE members do also.

For some odd (?) reason, the link below has 2020 in the title, but, when you actually open it, the show is actually scheduled for November 2021.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I would go with my family every year for the past 14 years however last year was cancelled and moved to May 2021 but then rescheduled to November 2021. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled again but Los Angeles is a wokey woke city and we'll see what happens...

"Freedom isn't free, it is a responsibility"

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm looking into attending on Monday, sounds like a great show.

edit: Just ordered my tickets, thanks Mike for posting the link!

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm looking into attending on Monday, sounds like a great show.

edit: Just ordered my tickets, thanks Mike for posting the link!

Anytime. Glad you found it useful. Enjoy the show.

Did they honor the advertised-price for the tickets on the order, or try and scalp you?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Anytime. Glad you found it useful. Enjoy the show.

Did they honor the advertised-price for the tickets on the order, or try and scalp you?
Not sure, but I got the "Senior price", lol.
Thankfully it's petty cash compared to my airfare, although I used Marriott points for view suite at The Westin Bonaventure downtown LA for couple nights.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Not sure, but I got the "Senior price", lol.
Thankfully it's petty cash compared to my airfare, although I used Marriott points for view suite at The Westin Bonaventure downtown LA for couple nights.

Steve......when you were at the L.A. Show, did you happen to notice, at the Buick display, whether they had the new-generation Encore there ? (not the Encore GX....a completely different vehicle despite similar styling). The new second-Generation Encore, on the GEV platform, has been on sale in China now for a while, but GM seems uncommitted and indecisive if they are going to bring it here to replace the First-Generation Encore, or simply drop the Encore line itself and rely on the slightly larger Encore GX (I own a GX myself).

1638582453929.png

1638582540439.png

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Steve......when you were at the L.A. Show, did you happen to notice, at the Buick display, whether they had the new-generation Encore there ? (not the Encore GX....a completely different vehicle despite similar styling). The new second-Generation Encore, on the GEV platform, has been on sale in China now for a while, but GM seems uncommitted and indecisive if they are going to bring it here to replace the First-Generation Encore, or simply drop the Encore line itself and rely on the slightly larger Encore GX (I own a GX myself).

View attachment 5253

View attachment 5254
Sorry, I did not notice.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Buick wasn't there. Only GM brand there was Chevrolet. Lots of brands including BMW, Audi, and Mercedes were also missing.
Thanks for the tip, GOR134. Unbelievable.o_O I double-checked the floor-pan of the show, and you're right....Chevy was the only GM Division to have display space, never mind the fact that Ford and Lincoln both showed up, not to mention Chrysler and Dodge. And BMW not attending a show in Southern California....their Bread-and-Butter state?

I understand pandemic-concerns and the fact that more companies now introduce their new vehicles in special stage-events, not traditional shows, but it still strikes me as neglect.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I understand pandemic-concerns and the fact that more companies now introduce their new vehicles in special stage-events, not traditional shows, but it still strikes me as neglect.
Here in California the state of emergency ended May 6th 2020.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Here in California the state of emergency ended May 6th 2020.

It ended here a while back, too, but many businesses and public places (rightly-so, IMO) still require masks/social-distancing, and have bottles or dispensers of hand-sanitizer at the entrances/exits.