Apple Talk

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I likely will, strictly as a curiosity. I'm thinking the Space Black Apple Watch Sport:

s38sg-sbbk-sel.jpg

I really don't think Apple has clarified exactly how the watch improves on just pulling your phone out, but I also think there's functionality and benefits that will make themselves clear over time.

How about everyone else?

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I would consider the Stainless with the Link Bracelet. I love the fact that I don't have to charge my Tag though ;)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I would consider the Stainless with the Link Bracelet. I love the fact that I don't have to charge my Tag though ;)

See, I haven't worn a watch since my pre-cellphone days -- so the whole thing would be an adjustment anyway. Currently wearing one now to see if I can even stand it.

BOOSTEDLEX

Premium Member
Reactions
I personally collect and love all type of watches. If I like the design and/or the function/mechanics I'll buy it. When if comes down to what you get for the money Apple's gold watch is worth that because of the gold. Would I get? No. The black stainless would be fine with me. I can think of many better quality watches for the 10k - 17k price I would rather get. In the mean time, have no problem taking my phone out of my pocket to receive a message.

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
I did think this was a pretty compelling argument against the apple watch: http://www.supercompressor.com/tech/why-i-will-never-wear-the-apple-watch-problem-with-apple-watch Though it still may not keep me from buying it at some point :) I think my biggest issue is I don't really like the idea of a watch with only 18 hrs of battery life.

I already wear a fitbit flex, which I use to track sleep and steps. I'm sure the apple watch with the upgraded healthkit will blow that away, but having to find a way to charge every day as opposed to once a week-ish and still be able to track what I want is definitely a hindrance.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Call me traditional, but I have no interest in smartwatches at all. I'd much rather get a new mechanical watch :).

Reactions
Call me traditional, but I have no interest in smartwatches at all. I'd much rather get a new mechanical watch :).

Agreed. Plus the Apple watch is redundant with the iphone....there aren't any features that is specific to the watch that the phone can't do....basically it's a fashion show piece lol

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I did think this was a pretty compelling argument against the apple watch: http://www.supercompressor.com/tech/why-i-will-never-wear-the-apple-watch-problem-with-apple-watch Though it still may not keep me from buying it at some point :) I think my biggest issue is I don't really like the idea of a watch with only 18 hrs of battery life.

I already wear a fitbit flex, which I use to track sleep and steps. I'm sure the apple watch with the upgraded healthkit will blow that away, but having to find a way to charge every day as opposed to once a week-ish and still be able to track what I want is definitely a hindrance.

In the end, I decided against getting an Apple Watch right away -- I started wearing a watch a few months ago to prepare myself, and don't really care for it while at my desk. Find myself always taking it off.

I agree with that article, BTW, and I would never consider anything other than the most basic Apple Watch Sport. I also wear a Fibit One, and it's all I really need in terms of health tracking.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed. Plus the Apple watch is redundant with the iphone....there aren't any features that is specific to the watch that the phone can't do....basically it's a fashion show piece lol

Especially the high-end $10,000+ model ;).

At that price though, I would 100% buy myself a really nice Swiss model from one of the legendary Swiss makers.

Reactions
Especially the high-end $10,000+ model ;).

At that price though, I would 100% buy myself a really nice Swiss model from one of the legendary Swiss makers.

Exactly...there's so much more elegance, refinement and detailed craftsmanship in analog watches that Apple just can't match with their iphone on a band .....

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Five figures for a watch? No, I don't think so.

IceZone-return-on-investment.png

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I'll consider one later (the affordable versions). I love Apple stuff and have owned Apple stock since 2007, thankfully.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'll consider one later (the affordable versions). I love Apple stuff and have owned Apple stock since 2007, thankfully.

Yes.......I've got a 14-month-old Apple Macbook Air PC I'm also quite pleased with (though some functions on it are a little more difficult than with Windows)....but that only cost a little more than one-fifth of what this 5K watch does. Heck, for 5K, one can probably have a Rolex.

My brother works for a high-tech government contractor, and he says that most of the computer-engineers in the firm have Apples at home for their personal PCs and other hardware.

(So now you know where your stock dividends are coming from...........just kidding) :D;)

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
(So now you know where your stock dividends are coming from...........just kidding) :D;)

Thanks, keep up the revenue stream pls., I will consider using some of my dividends for a Apple watch. Although stock is up 10x in last 8 years or so which makes me very happy.

We use laptop PC(s) at home, but we also have IPhone(s) and Ipads(s) which get used the most.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Thanks, keep up the revenue stream pls., I will consider using some of my dividends for a Apple watch. Although stock is up 10x in last 8 years or so which makes me very happy.

We use laptop PC(s) at home, but we also have IPhone(s) and Ipads(s) which get used the most.

Don't want to get too far off-topic, but forgot to add.....I also have a hand-me-down Apple IPhone4 from my brother's company, Sorry...that doesn't add to revenue. :D Anyhow, if there are enough people willing to part with 5K for an Apple watch and pad the company's profits, I wouldn't be surprised to see the dividends keep coming. Stocks are too risky for me, though.....I'm a strict believer in tax-free municipal bonds.

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
I wouldn't recommend any smart watch, yet. The technology just isn't there yet. Better batteries, smaller and more efficient processors, memory, etc. Wait until smart watches can do more. Right now, they aren't even that smart.