2021 Nissan Rogue

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Pretty nice. When you look at the interior of the Platinum, hard to see why Infiniti is needed...

I like how the design blends some more upright "SUV" elements but is obviously a crossover.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Pretty nice. When you look at the interior of the Platinum, hard to see why Infiniti is needed...
It'll be interesting to see how they manage that with next-gen Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60, both of which should see new generations at some point next year.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Where did you see the new interior? It wasn't in the video.....at least from I could tell.

2021-Rogue-21.jpg

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
It looks very functional. The new direction in the interior is nice. Without a drive review it looks like a solid contender.

I`m wondering if theyre keeping that faux intercooler (its a muffler heat spreader last I read) that I think of when I`m stopped behind one in traffic.

EDIT: Pro pilot assist with navi link is the feature to test. Would love a comparo with TSS V2.0

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well done. They went the RAV-4 route being more angular and masculine looking compared to the CR-V for example. I wonder what happens with the sport?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I wonder what happens with the sport?
Nissan Rogue Sport is sold as Nissan Qashqai outside the U.S. (even in Canada & Mexico). On May 28, Nissan revealed a teaser video of their next 12 product reveals (be they facelifts or all-new models) within the next 18 months. (We have a Garage thread on the subject.)

If you go to that thread, you'll see a teaser for a "Q" vehicle. That's the Qashqai/Rogue Sport. Thus, sometime between now and November 2021 you'll see the new, next--gen model. Keep in mind, though, that the current Qashqai was conceived primarily for Europe and Japan and then hastily pressed into duty for the U.S. as the Rogue Sport. Further, the current Rogue Sport just got a facelift/refresh for the 2020 model year, so, at least in the U.S. we'll probably see it no sooner than the 2022 model year.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
No hybrid? No PHV?

Good luck with the CAFE credit penalty Nissan, as if their financial problems aren't bad enough.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
No hybrid? No PHV?

Good luck with the CAFE credit penalty Nissan, as if their financial problems aren't bad enough.
They're probably counting on the Ariya BEV crossover debuting next month in production guise to help with that.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I understand being disapointed in some interior like the 3.5IS or the past Infiniti QX70 when the rest of the car is stupendous, but when the car is just another FWD CUV, who cares about the interior? It could have Bentley interior, I'm still not interested in it.

Where is the real 4x4 Nissan Xterra? At least the Z400 is coming.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Where is the real 4x4 Nissan Xterra?
In certain Asian markets, where it's offered as a derivative of the Nissan Navara mid-size pickup truck. Now minus the "X" (Terra), it appears in the Nissan Next dozen of vehicle launches during the next 18 months. It's just getting a facelift, though. It's too new for a second generation.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
In certain Asian markets, where it's offered as a derivative of the Nissan Navara mid-size pickup truck. Now minus the "X" (Terra), it appears in the Nissan Next dozen of vehicle launches during the next 18 months. It's just getting a facelift, though. It's too new for a second generation.

The Terra replaces the Navara derived Pathfinder, that went FWD CUV and rebadged as Infiniti QX60. Calling it a Terra minus the X is a marketing trick. The real Xterra was more like Toyota's FK Cruiser, not a Fortuner (Hilux derived wagon).