New Details on the Updated 2016 Lexus LX 570

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Hmmm hard to say. It's a photoshop, but it could be accurate. It barely looks different than the current model, and the interior looks almost identical to the current model. The photoshop of the Land Cruiser looks to be more likely to be accurate. I guess we shall see soon enough.

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
Umm...Lexus should at least change the outdated interior of the LX in this major facelift.

Reactions: CIF

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-05-31-lexus-lx-2016-update-400x200.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car has published a rendering of the updated 2016 Lexus LX 570 expected later this year, and it shows what could be the largest spindle grille in the brand’s history.
View the original article post

Reactions
krew
15-05-31-lexus-lx-2016-update-400x200.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car has published a rendering of the updated 2016 Lexus LX 570 expected later this year, and it shows what could be the largest spindle grille in the brand’s history.
View the original article post
i'm surprised you haven't published an article about the chris evans interview were clarkson said the best car he's ever driven on top gear

this is quite an epic feat considering he said it after driving the mclaren P1 (which is a very very goosd car itself)

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm going to try to convince my brother to get the 2016 LX 570 however he also wants either an Audi S7 or the RS7, Audi Q7 or the upcoming Q8. We'll just have to wait and see...

Reactions
What do you do Lexus ??
It was supposed to be full of change and not this revision
8 years after the passage of the current version of the Lexus retreat for the issuance of the new generation if this news is true
Whereas other products take its natural even change completely
For example: rx 2016 has a new modern specifications developed by Lexus, which differs from its predecessor Jdhiran
The question here is why does not lx 570 this change, which makes it unique in terms of size and characteristics given
There are many people who are waiting for the new generation LX 570 with new products in NX and RX specifications in terms of modernity in the product
And the other question: How long is the life of a generation LX 570 ????????
LX 570 to be outside the state change of the Lexus in its products

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
More than likely, the pic contains some elements of the new design put onto the current design. The spindle grill is nice with few changes, but i think we'll see more changes when it finally\ debuts.

Reactions
I'm just hoping that the change will be more significant than the picture above suggests. I have high hopes for the LX, even though it is a thirsty car, it's still a great car. It's insanely reliable, comfortable and very nice to drive. Fingers crossed for this new change!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I assume again Lexus is in a bind since the LX sells so good overseas, mainly in the middle east compared to sales in the states. In contrast the Escalade for example sells tons here but none overseas. So I can easily see this being another substantial refresh.

If it was me, the LX would remain and stay a niche SUV ala the G-Wagon Mercedes for example and then I would make a Tundra based big huge Escalade type SUV for more volume. The SUV market is here to stay it seems so just offer them all instead of picking and choosing.

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
I assume again Lexus is in a bind since the LX sells so good overseas, mainly in the middle east compared to sales in the states. In contrast the Escalade for example sells tons here but none overseas. So I can easily see this being another substantial refresh.

If it was me, the LX would remain and stay a niche SUV ala the G-Wagon Mercedes for example and then I would make a Tundra based big huge Escalade type SUV for more volume. The SUV market is here to stay it seems so just offer them all instead of picking and choosing.

When we test drove the Escalade and the GX side by side, it was no comparison. The Escalade felt like an upgraded Tahoe. It wasn't luxury at all to me. The GX was really nice, quiet, and had enough power to make it nice.

I hope they don't get rid of the Luxury 4 Runner (GX). The LX is should remain, as well, as its probably the best, most dependable, comfortable Full size Luxury SUV in the market (G-Wagon sucks, Range Rover sucks). Having an SUV on the Tundra platform - i'd vote for that. Make a Luxury Sequoia.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
When we test drove the Escalade and the GX side by side, it was no comparison. The Escalade felt like an upgraded Tahoe. It wasn't luxury at all to me. The GX was really nice, quiet, and had enough power to make it nice.

I hope they don't get rid of the Luxury 4 Runner (GX). The LX is should remain, as well, as its probably the best, most dependable, comfortable Full size Luxury SUV in the market (G-Wagon sucks, Range Rover sucks). Having an SUV on the Tundra platform - i'd vote for that. Make a Luxury Sequoia.

I once thought that, too....that the GX was simply a redone Toyota 4Runner. But it actually comes from the Toyota Prado.

Reactions

I totally agree with making a luxury Sequoia. Vans are a huge market over here in Asia. Toyota is making a splash with the Alphard and Vellfire, however, I don't think they have these in the states. Originally created for Japan, they're both 7-8 Seater vans that are selling like crazy, especially here in Indonesia. I think Lexus would do well if they could make a people-carrier.

Reactions: RAL

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I totally agree with making a luxury Sequoia. Vans are a huge market over here in Asia. Toyota is making a splash with the Alphard and Vellfire, however, I don't think they have these in the states. Originally created for Japan, they're both 7-8 Seater vans that are selling like crazy, especially here in Indonesia. I think Lexus would do well if they could make a people-carrier.

You might be thinking of the Toyota Sienna, which is the North American Toyota minivan. Still, the point stands -- I would LOVE Lexus to do a minivan. I fell in love with the Alphard & Vellfire while in Japan, and I think Lexus is making a mistake by not offering a luxury van in North America.

And before we start talking about brand dilution and the potential difficulty in marketing such a vehicle, remember that BMW sells this:

BMW-5-Series_Gran_Turismo_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_1e.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I think Lexus is making a mistake by not offering a luxury van in North America.

I agree. Maybe they feel that a minivan would not be in the Lexus image, or that it would take away too many Sienna sales. It would, however, IMO, be good competition for the Chrysler Town and Country in the upmarket minivan class.

And top-line minvans from even low-cost manufacturers, today, can be quite plush, well-equipped, and expensive. A good example is the top-of-the-line Kia Sedona Limited, which is very impressive inside and out, which starts at 40K and can run well over that with options.

And before we start talking about brand dilution and the potential difficulty in marketing such a vehicle, remember that BMW sells this:

...............and Audi sells THIS.............

1567839.jpg

Reactions: RAL