Lexus January 2020 Sales Report

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Lexus (and parent Toyota) have taken an odd, tentative half-in/half-out attitude towards the burgeoning U.S. auto industry trend of moving towards quarterly (as opposed to monthly) sales reports. Lexus and Toyota USA Newsrooms do NOT have a detailed, model-by-model sales breakdown for January 2020. And an Automotive News article on the subject contains this passage:

Audi, BMW, Nissan, Porsche and Volkswagen have made back-to-back announcements that they will stop reporting their model-by-model monthly sales results across the U.S., switching instead to quarterly reports. Toyota has joined the rebellion by brands that represent the bulk of U.S. sales, although last week it held out the possibility of at least making its monthly results available on a less formal basis.

On the other hand, a separate Automotive News article states that January 2020 U.S. Lexus sales totaled 19,621 units, a 12.6% increase over January 2019's 17,420 units. The article also states that Lexus RX set a January sales record.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus (and parent Toyota) have taken an odd, tentative half-in/half-out attitude towards the burgeoning U.S. auto industry trend of moving towards quarterly (as opposed to monthly) sales reports. Lexus and Toyota USA Newsrooms do NOT have a detailed, model-by-model sales breakdown for January 2020. And an Automotive News article on the subject contains this passage:

On the other hand, a separate Automotive News article states that January 2020 U.S. Lexus sales totaled 19,621 units, a 12.6% increase over January 2019's 17,420 units. The article also states that Lexus RX set a January sales record.
Thanks, so odd that even KREW had texted about “where are the numbers”.

I don’t recall any formal announcement.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Neither do I. it's so strange how they went about it in such a tentative, half-assed manner.
Even as a Texan in terms of my upbringing and property ownership, I have at times questioned the move to Plano and the loss of quite a few key people, gaining some others in place of them.

They have certainly taken a more cynical approach to things going forward since that move.

Reactions
Even as a Texan in terms of my upbringing and property ownership, I have at times questioned the move to Plano and the loss of quite a few key people, gaining some others in place of them.

They have certainly taken a more cynical approach to things going forward since that move.
Perhaps the move to Texas wasn't a good move for Lexus as it was for the mothership