Lexus Europe 2019 Sales Report

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
The target sales of 100k is becoming more realistic. Sales (March) in France gained 4.5%, in Spain 10.2% and in Italy whopping 25.8%. UK sales aren't up yet but february sales gained 45.56% YoY. In first mentioned three countries combined sales were over 2000. When we get other EU and EFTA sales number could be near 4000.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I will comment in point, forgive me for this
*GS was end will always be the core of why Toyota came with Lexus from first place.

*LS/S/A8/XJ/7 those main 5 flagships keep taking hits in every market, which makes AMG for example ditch the V12, rumours that no more XJ, 7 will ditch V12 & V8 same as A8.

*GX can't handle anymore, they really need to refreshed it.

*NX & RX need to get their TNGA new generations as fast as they can.

*RCF is a must, and they need to build a performance GT from ground up to come with its sedan no matter the name ISC or RC it will sell.

*LC was a plus side that Lexus didn't hesitated and built it directly, it is the pinnacle of the Lexus lineup something like Crème de la Crème.

*Even with old engines and ancient wheel base you can sell more depending on the market , and yes I am talking about Tandra & Tacoma.

*RAV4 got amazing start and it will continue sky rocketing as much as the Camry dips.

*Chr, continue gaining popularity, even with its rakish design, equal a pure market need.

*LQ / GQ 3 /2 rows needs to comes very soon.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I will comment in point, forgive me for this
*GS was end will always be the core of why Toyota came with Lexus from first place.

*LS/S/A8/XJ/7 those main 5 flagships keep taking hits in every market, which makes AMG for example ditch the V12, rumours that no more XJ, 7 will ditch V12 & V8 same as A8.

*GX can't handle anymore, they really need to refreshed it.

*NX & RX need to get their TNGA new generations as fast as they can.

*RCF is a must, and they need to build a performance GT from ground up to come with its sedan no matter the name ISC or RC it will sell.

*LC was a plus side that Lexus didn't hesitated and built it directly, it is the pinnacle of the Lexus lineup something like Crème de la Crème.

*Even with old engines and ancient wheel base you can sell more depending on the market , and yes I am talking about Tandra & Tacoma.

*RAV4 got amazing start and it will continue sky rocketing as much as the Camry dips.

*Chr, continue gaining popularity, even with its rakish design, equal a pure market need.

*LQ / GQ 3 /2 rows needs to comes very soon.

Think when CHR gets facelift and RAV4 like exterior. Current face is from age of Avensis and Auris. Also new Corolla is going to be massive hit in Europe. Octavia and Golf will lose ground.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Think when CHR gets facelift and RAV4 like exterior. Current face is from age of Avensis and Auris. Also new Corolla is going to be massive hit in Europe. Octavia and Golf will lose ground.

CHR cant really increase sales too much... facelift will be minor but it will add 250h engine.

New Corolla will be great for Western Europe, sucky for Eastern, because prices have gone up significantly.
It is definitely not a fleet car anymore.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
CHR cant really increase sales too much... facelift will be minor but it will add 250h engine.

New Corolla will be great for Western Europe, sucky for Eastern, because prices have gone up significantly.
It is definitely not a fleet car anymore.
I think Camry will sell well in Eastern Europe if it gets cheap petrol engine. Corolla Sedan definitely not a fleet car in the East since no 1.2t or 1.6 petrol engines.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Chr needs another practical variant in the same segment with it, also Toyota needs the Venza back again as is or as a bigger rakish CUV sized between RAV4 and Highlander to go for likes of Murano, Santa Fe, Pilot, Edge and blazer

Edit1: they already have the Harrier in JDM , it's position is needed out of Japan

Reactions
ES deliveries have started in Europe. There are 23 ES registered in Finland so far. It's quite big number considering Lexus has sold 77 vehicles this year.

:OOOOOOOOOOO 77!! FINLAND + 77 + CARS = VALTTERI BOTTAS' CAR NUMBER IN F1

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry I had to do that.

Reactions
Bwoah. I mean it is a nice decision you know to like Kimi and the ice cream bwoah...... he always knows what he is doing...... (drifts off Kimi style). Yeah, Bottas is great and all, but he will never match Lewis Hamilton and be even close to threatening him unlike how Nico Rosberg threatened him. I love Kimi and his adamance to just race and kick ass and gives zero f*cks about any bullsh*t that goes on in the paddock. So while I love Kimi and other Finnish drivers so damn much, I really love Mika Hakkinen. Absolute legend and had so much class. Finns have done so much for F1 and so many have been champions as well. I hope the Finnish GP comes to light in the next few years!

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Bwoah. I mean it is a nice decision you know to like Kimi and the ice cream bwoah...... he always knows what he is doing...... (drifts off Kimi style). Yeah, Bottas is great and all, but he will never match Lewis Hamilton and be even close to threatening him unlike how Nico Rosberg threatened him. I love Kimi and his adamance to just race and kick ass and gives zero f*cks about any bullsh*t that goes on in the paddock. So while I love Kimi and other Finnish drivers so damn much, I really love Mika Hakkinen. Absolute legend and had so much class. Finns have done so much for F1 and so many have been champions as well. I hope the Finnish GP comes to light in the next few years!
There has been talk to build motorsport track!

Reactions
Yup! That's what I was referencing. The track in question is called the Kymi Ring (heh they surrreee didn't do that one on purpose ;)) and it looks solid. Some of the turns are quite unique and overall the track makes sense. I'm annoyed at how they haven't had a GP in Finland recently after all of these successful Finnish racers. I hope Kimi is still there when the track is on the calendar.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Q1 2019:
LEXUS

CT 200h

IS (incl. IS Hybrid)

IS hybrid

ES (incl. ES Hybrid)

ES hybrid

GS (incl. GS Hybrid)

GS hybrid

LS (incl. LS Hybrid)

LS hybrid

NX (incl. NX Hybrid)

NX hybrid

UX (incl. UX Hybrid)

UX hybrid

RX (incl. RX Hybrid)

RX hybrid

RC (incl. RC Hybrid)

RC hybrid

LC (incl. LC Hybrid)

LC hybrid

Other models

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/r-ahead-of-plan/

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Toyota Motor Europe sold 279,000 vehicles in the first three months, achieving a Hybrid Electric Vehicle mix in excess of 50%, one year ahead of plan

· With a year-on-year rise of 14%, Hybrid Electric models helped TME maintain sales in Q1 2019, in a declining market, pushing up TME share to 5.2%

· Vast majority of customers chose hybrid electric versions of newly launched Toyota Corolla, RAV4 and Lexus UX models

Brussels, Belgium - April 10, 2019 – With 19 different models on offer and three major new models starting sales in Europe in the first quarter, Hybrid Electric Vehicles [HEV] drove the strong performance of Toyota Motor Europe (TME) between January and March 2019.

The company today reported quarterly sales of 279,000 vehicles across the region, registering a 5.2% market share.

Despite the weaker European market and the staggered launch of three new models, Toyota & Lexus sales remained stable in the first quarter thanks to strong demand for our hybrid models. With the successful launch of three important new models through the first quarter, we are confident that we have the product power to continue to outperform the market in the remainder of the year. Given our strong order bank, I am confident we will achieve, as a minimum, our total Toyota and Lexus sales objective of 1,065,000 this year.
Matt Harrison, TME Executive Vice President

Customers responded very well to the new Corolla Hatchback and Touring Sports. Both models initiated Toyota’s dual-hybrid strategy, with the availability of two hybrid electric powertrains: 1.8L - 122 hp and 2.0L - 180 hp, representing a combined hybrid mix of 95%.

The Corolla Sedan, a favourite in Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel, is now - for the first time - also available with a hybrid electric powertrain that represented 60% of the new model sales.

Demand was also strong for the new RAV4, and for the new premium crossover Lexus UX that just started sales, with hybrid electric mix of 89% and 87% respectively.

Other models such as the Toyota C-HR Hybrid, and the Yaris Hybrid - that achieved record sales - also supported the strong performance of HEVs.

The HEV share of TME sales stood at 51% across Greater Europe, and at 61% in Western Europe only.

###

TME highlights in Q1 2019:

• Total sales: 278,800 (-0.5% year-on-year)
  • Market share: 5.2% (+0.2ppt year-on-year)
  • Total hybrid sales: 143,300 (+14% year-on-year)
  • Hybrid mix: West Europe: 61% - East Europe*: 24% - TTL: 51%
Toyota highlights in Q1 2019:

• Toyota sales: 260,400 (+0% year-on-year)
  • Top sellers: Yaris Range (69,800); Toyota C-HR Range (41,700); Corolla Range (40,100)
  • Top gainers: Mirai (+124%); Camry Range (+38%); PROACE Range (+19%)
  • Top hybrids : Yaris Hybrid (38,400); Toyota C-HR Hybrid (37,100); Corolla Range (27,100)
  • Total hybrid sales: 130,300 (+15% year-on-year)
  • Hybrid mix: West Europe: 59% - East Europe*: 25% - TTL: 50%
Lexus highlights in Q1 2019:

• Total Lexus sales: 18,400 (-1% year-on-year)
  • Top sellers: NX Range (6,400); RX Range (4,100); CT 200h (1,900)
  • Top gainers: UX range (new); ES range (+352%); RX range (+6%)
  • Top hybrids: NX Hybrid (5,100); RX Hybrid (2,100); CT200h (1,900);
  • Total hybrid sales: 13,000 (+5% year-on-year)
  • Hybrid mix: West Europe: 99% - East Europe*: 12% - TTL: 71%
Sales for Q1 2019 are listed below

Table 1 – TME (1) total sales in Q1 2019

TOTAL TOYOTA/LEXUS

TOYOTA

AYGO

Yaris (incl. Yaris Hybrid)

Yaris Hybrid

Corolla H/B (including H/B Hybrid)

Corolla H/B Hybrid

Toyota C-HR (incl. Hybrid)

Toyota C-HR Hybrid

Corolla SD (incl. Hybrid)

Corolla SDN Hybrid

Avensis

Prius Family

Prius

Prius+

Prius Plug-in Hybrid

Mirai

Camry (incl. Camry Hybrid)

Camry Hybrid

GT86

RAV4 (incl. RAV4 Hybrid)

RAV4 Hybrid

Highlander

Land Cruiser

Hilux

PROACE

Other models

(1) Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for all Western, Central and Eastern European countries including Turkey and Russia as well as Israel and a number of Central Asian markets (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Kazakhstan).

*East Europe includes Russia, Kazakhstan, Caucasus, Ukraine, Turkey and Israel.

Models listed in italics are produced locally at Toyota’s European manufacturing facilities.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus highlights in H1 2019:

Total Lexus sales: 40,450 (+4.9% year-on-year)
Top sellers: NX Range (11,700); UX Range (8,500); RX Range (8,400)
Top gainers: UX range (new); ES range (+387%)
Top hybrids: NX Hybrid (8,700); UX Hybrid (7,800); RX Hybrid (3,800);
Total hybrid sales: 28,000 (+17% year-on-year)
Hybrid mix: West Europe: 99% - East Europe*: 8% - TTL: 69%

Wow UX is almost the most popular Lexus and it was launched in March-April

Also waiting this dual hybrid strategy on Lexus especially with RX:
Customers are responding very well to the new Corolla Hatchback and Touring Sports, which are now available with two hybrid electric powertrains : 1.8L – 122 hp and 2.0L - 180hp (as part of Toyota’s dual-hybrid strategy). The combined hybrid mix is 83%. And the Corolla Sedan is for the first time also available with a hybrid electric powertrain that represents about 50% of the new model sales.

Reactions
Wow with combined sales of USA, China, Europe, Japan and Korea (13340) sales are 627513 and we are still waiting Asia, Arab countries and Australia&New Zealand.
I think 2% increase is driven by Russian sales where Lexus could over throw MB and BMW in following years. Infact Western Europe sales declined this year but will be increased by introduction of two new models. 100000 by 2020 is not going to happen but 100000 in Europe and 1000000 globally will certainly happen in next decade.