460 (2017) Crusing Range

Reactions
Just got my car back from Lexus. Routine maintenance & Airbag recall.
Prior to this moment the cruising range has always been about 270ish. Today after filling up it’s at 421. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Reactions
Welcome @Mctribe ... could the dealer have added fuel? Sometimes do on recalls.
Thanks Ral!
It’s possible, but I arrived at the gas station at zero on the cruising range (not too uncommon for me ‍♀️).
I put in the same amount I usually do when at zero - about 20 gallons. And the cruising range showed 421 miles. It’s never shown anything above 270ish.

Attachments

• B96C22FF-6E36-4BE1-91C0-D1098C68A25C.jpeg
    B96C22FF-6E36-4BE1-91C0-D1098C68A25C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
If the dealer did some kind of software update it's possible it knocked out the real-world MPG data the car normally accumulates and uses to calculate the range. In general the first few tanks show an unrealistically large number and it gradually comes down and settles at whatever best matches how you actually drive.

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Just got my car back from Lexus. Routine maintenance & Airbag recall.
Prior to this moment the cruising range has always been about 270ish. Today after filling up it’s at 421. Has this ever happened to anyone?
That’s the same range as my LX. So much for getting a GX to improve the gas mileage!

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Id do a couple more fills up before concluding the huge range increase is actually happening.