Lexus RC F Does Disconnecting Battery Clear Computer Records?

Reactions
2015 RC-F Owners, Do any of you know if disconnecting the battery terminals for 15 minutes or so, will clear the engine computer memory? What information is not cleared? Thanks!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
As far as I know very little is cleared when disconnecting the battery on a modern car. Are you looking to clear a fault code or something? You usually need an OBD-II tool (or adapter + phone app) to do that kind of thing.

Reactions: RAL

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Yeah, typically ECU will be reset if you disconnect the negative terminal. I never tried it on my RCF, but I have done it on my other 2ZZ Corolla XRS and it always resets everything electronic in the car. In the RCF, I think it removes all of your personalized settings and any codes the computer might have.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That's surprising. On my 2015 LS disconnecting the battery completely only lost which preset the radio was currently on, all other settings (including the presets themselves) remained intact.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
That's surprising. On my 2015 LS disconnecting the battery completely only lost which preset the radio was currently on, all other settings (including the presets themselves) remained intact.

I am just guessing. Never had to disconnect my RCF's negative terminal. I only did it on my other car and it resets everything, but it could be different for the RCF.