krew

Lexus Sales in Japan have Doubled in 2018
18-11-14-lexus-es-japan.jpg

ES sedan now available in the country.
View the original article post

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Amazing, finally Lexus is Japanese car maker now , but I still worried about all the Japanese makers future, if Japanese electronics current vs past is any clue about what we may see happening in case they don't take the notice

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Amazing, finally Lexus is Japanese car maker now , but I still worried about all the Japanese makers future, if Japanese electronics current vs past is any clue about what we may see happening in case they don't take the notice

Problem is that japanese electronic makers never actually had such advantages as TMC does... and they still show if they put their priorities straight, they can do great. Point being Sony - with company priorities aligned, this year will be the most profitable year in company history.. including the years of PS2 or Trinton TVs.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

From what they are doing they are certainly not following the electronic industry's footsteps. They are making the right investment and finding the right partners. And to be fair, the Japanese electronic industry was killed by the Lost Decade, which itself is directed and executed by the United States. No matter how powerful a company is, it just can't fight the most powerful entity in the world.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
From what they are doing they are certainly not following the electronic industry's footsteps. They are making the right investment and finding the right partners. And to be fair, the Japanese electronic industry was killed by the Lost Decade, which itself is directed and executed by the United States. No matter how powerful a company is, it just can't fight the most powerful entity in the world.

well not only that, problem with Japanese tech companies was that they were never focused properly and mismanaged by brilliant tech people who could not see the whole picture. Also workplace culture was bad in the sense that did not award innovative thinking and young people, and they are trying hard to change that.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Not surprising. Toyota and Lexus are so dominant in Japan its not even funny. Lexus less so but clearly has made major gains in 12 years.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not surprising. Toyota and Lexus are so dominant in Japan its not even funny. Lexus less so but clearly has made major gains in 12 years.

Indeed. Remember when the brand was launched there, and nobody wanted it, and many said it couldn't sell against BMW, Mercedes and the legacy Toyota models?

GNS

Follower
Reactions
RX is also built in Canada, ES never was.

Right here in Cambridge, south of my home city in Waterloo ON!

Side note: I know someone whose brother works there, and he says that they get plenty of extra time to complete their jobs on the assembly line, over what they're allotted on the Toyota models.