Silly Hypothetical Vehicles

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
Just starting a brain dump thread of vehicles that Toyota/Lexus *could* build, but probably won't. It's intended to be a fun brainstorming exercise more than serious discussion. Let's roll.

LFA-inspired Minivan
You read that right. I'm talking about a 7-seater with sliding doors and a cargo hatch built like an LFA. Lightweight and stiff carbon fiber monocoque. Exotic, lightweight materials used everywhere. Double wishbone and/or cantilever suspension and huge carbon ceramic brakes. Give it a modified V35A making silly power channeled through an AWD system.

Sure, it'd cost a million bucks, but would it be worth it when you dust that jerk driving a Camaro in a soccer-mom van?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A RWD NX-sized vehicle
NX F
A RWD RX
RX F
Offroad edition LX and GX, a la TRD Pro
A RWD midsize sedan
An IS F

Motor

Expert
Reactions
A luxury chopper or sport bike with the GS F/RC F's 5.0 V8. Hell, an ATV with that V8 sounds like fun, too.

A Supra, Celica and MR2 from the ground up without anyone's help...I mean partnership. All three cars with NA, turbo and hybrid powertrains with more than adequate power.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Wow you went there all right. No need to hit us in the feels like this. :sob::confused:

IdioticDiscreteKomododragon-small.gif

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
A luxury chopper or sport bike with the GS F/RC F's 5.0 V8. Hell, an ATV with that V8 sounds like fun, too.

A Supra, Celica and MR2 from the ground up without anyone's help...I mean partnership. All three cars with NA, turbo and hybrid powertrains with more than adequate power.

I agree with this, though a Lotus partnership on the MR2 could make sense.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
- A Lexus UX F powered by the V35A-FTS 3.5-liter turbo V6 with slightly rearward-biased AWD and torque vectoring.

- A Lexus NX 2-door convertible to rival the Range Rover Evoque.

- A stretched 3-row production version of the LF-1 Limitless somewhat akin to the late Mercedes R-Class.

- A low-slung 5-door hatchback akin to the Porsche Panamera or Audi A7 to replace the Lexus GS.

LexiF

Fan
Reactions
1. RCF convertible
2. CTF
3. GCS/GSC (A7, CLS rival)
4. LCF convertible
5. NXF
6. RXF
7. ESF
8. A type of sport cross/estate IS
9. A high performance CUV
10 An ultra luxurious private jet

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
1. RCF convertible
4. LCF convertible

Huh, never thought about it, but has Lexus ever built a convertible?

8. A type of sport cross/estate IS

If it's a station wagon, it probably won't sell in USA, despite tons of people buying loads of truckwagons and lifted station wagons pretending to be truckwagons... So, the silliness checks out.

10 An ultra luxurious private jet

As a professional aircraft mechanic, this intrigues me. I know that Toyota cars are generally easy to work on. I wonder how well they would do at making the plane easy to repair. Maybe HondaJet could make an Acura Edition?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
No, no, no, thankfully that will never see the light of day.

HD-rover-evoque-convertible.jpg
:poop:

Here's the hairdresser Murano for good measure.

murano-crosscabriolet-top-down.jpg.ximg.s_12_h.smart.jpg
:poop:

I agree. This is a Silly Hypothetical Vehicles thread, after all. The NX Convertible suggestion was tongue-in-cheek.

Having said that, the Murano and Range Rover Evoque convertibles don't bother me as much as they annoy most people.

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
I completely forgot about those. I don't think I've ever seen an IS C in person and haven't seen SC430 in years.

Hmmm... I'd love to see the mechanical wizardry to make an LX C.