Issues with ClubLexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
Hello Lexus Enthusiasts members,

I'm not too new here but during my time here, I have felt welcomed and proud to which I recently repurchased a Lexus as my Daily Driver.
I want to thank you and everyone here for being so welcoming and informative about Lexus.

But to what I wanted to talk about:
Hopefully - I can post this here. Sorry if I can't. :oops:

I started off reading ClubLexus prior to Lexus Enthusiasts to gather information Lexus products to see if I should buy another car from them again. While reading Club Lexus post, I came across something interesting. I feel like ClubLexus isn't really Club"Lexus" anymore. Quite a bit of the people giving me advice never owned a Lexus before or the last Lexus they owned was 10+ years ago. If you ever check out the car chat forum sub-section, it has 90% continuous Lexus bashing. And some of these comments are from from mods. I'm not sure how you can have a forum called ClubLexus when majority of the people tell people not to buy a Lexus? Majority of everything I read is what Lexus is doing wrong and why they suck rather than constructive criticism for improvement.

Has anyone ran across these issues within the ClubLexus community? Or is it just me?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Hello Lexus Enthusiasts members,

I'm not too new here but during my time here, I have felt welcomed and proud to which I recently repurchased a Lexus as my Daily Driver.
I want to thank you and everyone here for being so welcoming and informative about Lexus.

But to what I wanted to talk about:
Hopefully - I can post this here. Sorry if I can't. :oops:

I started off reading ClubLexus prior to Lexus Enthusiasts to gather information Lexus products to see if I should buy another car from them again. While reading Club Lexus post, I came across something interesting. I feel like ClubLexus isn't really Club"Lexus" anymore. Quite a bit of the people giving me advice never owned a Lexus before or the last Lexus they owned was 10+ years ago. If you ever check out the car chat forum sub-section, it has 90% continuous Lexus bashing. And some of these comments are from from mods. I'm not sure how you can have a forum called ClubLexus when majority of the people tell people not to buy a Lexus? Majority of everything I read is what Lexus is doing wrong and why they suck rather than constructive criticism for improvement.

Has anyone ran across these issues within the ClubLexus community? Or is it just me?

CLs demise is one of the reasons that LE has took off.

Most mods have not owned Lexus in a long time and have no desire to do so. And yes, most people will tell you to get something other than Lexus.

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
CLs demise is one of the reasons that LE has took off.

Most mods have not owned Lexus in a long time and have no desire to do so. And yes, most people will tell you to get something other than Lexus.

That's so strange. Why doesn't Dave update his mods? Make sure his mods own Lexus vehicles?

Everyone there is hyper aggressive (sometimes) and continuously insults Lexus. Even before buying my Lexus - I have a problem with that already. How is that a community? I have never seen Bimmerpost, AudiWorld or MBWorld act this way. Everyone there has criticisms of their brand to "improve" but its not a full-on bash feast like CL.

I have seen it all on CL.
I have heard insults thrown at the Lexus IS, ES, GS, LS, LC and everything you can think of. Barely any Lexus product ever makes gets praised on car-chat I feel like. I even see people completely bashing Lexus and telling people not to buy them because they don't offer Apple Car Play. I have never, ever, seen someone on Bimmerpost call out BMW for not offering Apple Car Play as standard or to tell people not to buy BMW.

Sidenote: Are you the same Spwolf from CL? If you are, I have read some of your post. I feel like you and a few others are the only ones that defend Lexus and offer fair criticism at times. And I thank you for that. :):thumbsup:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Sakura,

As you and spwolf both note, CL has been on a downhill slide for a very long time (a decade+). When @krew launched Lexus Enthusiast, a number of us left CL to spend our time here and are very happy that our efforts have been rewarded with positive conversation, thought-provoking topics, constructive brand dialogue and most of all, great members. We are a bit smaller than CL, but there is no comparison in the quality of our members and discussion.

You ask why CL has not made changes - to be honest, the owner sold out to a large company called Internet Brands years ago, so while it's a skeleton of its former self, it's been run strictly as a for-profit business without any regard for the members or brand.

Glad to have you here!

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
Sakura,

As you and spwolf both note, CL has been on a downhill slide for a very long time (a decade+). When @krew launched Lexus Enthusiast, a number of us left CL to spend our time here and are very happy that our efforts have been rewarded with positive conversation, thought-provoking topics, constructive brand dialogue and most of all, great members. We are a bit smaller than CL, but there is no comparison in the quality of our members and discussion.

You ask why CL has not made changes - to be honest, the owner sold out to a large company called Internet Brands years ago, so while it's a skeleton of its former self, it's been run strictly as a for-profit business without any regard for the members or brand.

Glad to have you here!

A decade plus ago? Jesus. I'm late to this information. Lol. I didn't know at all.

I can definitely see the quality of the members and discussion. Everything is more informative and toxicity is at a low. During my time at CL, before finding out of Lexus Enthusiasts, I have encountered many, many toxic comments and bashful comments of Lexus. I was confused. I was wondering why are Lexus members hating on Lexus? I have never seen this on any other car forum. As I stayed there longer, I found out a lot of them don't even own Lexus anymore or never have ever owned a Lexus.
My hope is for Lexus Enthusiasts to grow and be bigger than CL. Its deserving of it. CL is not really a Lexus community - its a Lexus bash site almost. The Car Chat is where most of it happens while the sub forums of each individual model seems pretty okay.

Really? I never knew the forum was owned by a company and made for profits. That's horrible. The car forum is suppose to be owned by enthusiast as an outlet for people to talk, discuss future products, improvements, and share pictures of their creativity if they are tuners.

Thanks! I'm glad this website is here. I was spending so much time at ClubLexus at one point to figure if I truly wanted a Lexus or not that I started feeling a bit of hate for Lexus. Because that's all you saw on CL, majority of the time. Especially in Car-Chat.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Club Lexus is only good for one thing right now. If you have a problem with your Lexus (previous gen) you are most likely to find a solution in CL. Like many of the guys here I knew about CL before this forum but I've since moved on. Matter of fact when I go on CL this days is to get information on other automakers because they care more on what other automakers are up to.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
A decade plus ago? Jesus. I'm late to this information. Lol. I didn't know at all.

Really? I never knew the forum was owned by a company and made for profits. That's horrible. The car forum is suppose to be owned by enthusiast as an outlet for people to talk, discuss future products, improvements, and share pictures of their creativity if they are tuners.

Thanks! I'm glad this website is here. I was spending so much time at ClubLexus at one point to figure if I truly wanted a Lexus or not that I started feeling a bit of hate for Lexus. Because that's all you saw on CL, majority of the time. Especially in Car-Chat.

Thats the beauty of the free market, CL used to be the megalith of Lexus online discussion, but as a demand grew for a different kind of online Lexus owners experience that CL could not fulfill, it was only a matter of time before someone else filled that void and actual Lexus Enthusiasts went there.

I myself came to LE for the exact same reason. Got really tired of the same old repetitive complaining on CL and visit very rarely now.

But its understandable, anything that goes from niche to mainstream will drastically change in quality of experience.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Club Lexus is only good for one thing right now. If you have a problem with your Lexus (previous gen) you are most likely to find a solution in CL. Like many of the guys here I knew about CL before this forum but I've since moved on. Matter of fact when I go on CL this days is to get information on other automakers because they care more on what other automakers are up to.

I am in the same boat. The model sub forums are all that I visit on CL anymore and rely on this site for Lexus news and enjoyable discussion.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
I read both, but only reply here (mostly) because of the insider info we're getting. Speaking of which...I am hungering for any more info on the 4IS.

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
I am in the same boat. The model sub forums are all that I visit on CL anymore and rely on this site for Lexus news and enjoyable discussion.

Yeah! During my time there, it feels like the individual sub forums about each model of the Lexus and fixing vehicles are pretty chill places. Once you get into Car-Chat, its full of non-Lexus owners and Lexus owners from 10+ years ago hating on Lexus. Strangely enough - once in awhile, I see new owners of Lexus vehicles go there to bash Lexus Enform. I'm sitting there all confused. If you hated it so much, why did you buy the car? Makes me question the reliability of the posts there sometimes.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I hear that! I was able to get to know you meet you in person because of CL. Those were the days and we've moved on. Been very busy with work and kids lately and haven't had time to post but always checking things out...

Yes, there are good memories and parts like you mentioned. That said in complete retrospect I am glad I was forced out and went separate ways as I've never looked back. Working with Lexus in various capacities, helping push Lexus Enthusiasts to the forefront, is a dream come true! Big thanks to KREW at everyone here at LE!

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
I stopped visiting CL since it started becoming increasingly hostile towards Lexus. And yes, the mods partake in this hostility and even fan the flames. I have a feeling that some of the users (including certain mods) have been paid by a certain “premium” upstart to start bringing down the Lexus brand and bring up others. I don’t visit that site anymore because I don’t want them to earn advertising money with my view.

Lexus Enthusiast is a much better community than CL ever was, I hope the true Lexus enthusiasts all migrate here eventually.

Reactions
I think that's just what you get with older communities. Like one of the communities I come from more than 12 years ago is e46fanatics -- an older BMW community (in terms of how long its been around).. but most of the "OG" people there (many whom are mods) haven't owned an E46 in over a decade or more. They've moved on to other cars. But they're still there cause of community. Then you get offshoot communities where more focused enthusiasts join. Then THAT community one day will age and people get fed up cause its "lost its soul." The cycle tends to repeat itself.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
This is a much friendlier place to talk about cars and Lexus specifically. I still look at CL but it is becoming harder to ignore the negativity. Life is challenging enough without having to experience that negativity when chatting about our hobbies.

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
I stopped visiting CL since it started becoming increasingly hostile towards Lexus. And yes, the mods partake in this hostility and even fan the flames. I have a feeling that some of the users (including certain mods) have been paid by a certain “premium” upstart to start bringing down the Lexus brand and bring up others. I don’t visit that site anymore because I don’t want them to earn advertising money with my view.

Lexus Enthusiast is a much better community than CL ever was, I hope the true Lexus enthusiasts all migrate here eventually.

This is so true. I visit CL from time to time just for the sub-forums for the IS (where its still friendly). However - when I check car chat, its 100% hostile towards Lexus. You have tons and tons of BMW, Buick, KIA and MB owners there spreading word about how great their cars is and talking down on Lexus. And I have seen post by mods that reinforce the idea as well.

I won't name any names but there is someone on CL that owns purely BMWs (hes on BimmerPost as well) but hes often times in CL forums talking down Lexus and post great things about BMW on car chat forums about BMW.

The problem with the toxicity and the hostility towards Lexus on a Lexus forum is that it'll swing and motivate people to buy other cars rather than Lexus (which could have been what they are originally set on). As a personal example: I started off visiting CL only in the beginning. Once I started looking through car chat often, I found tons and tons of negative comments about Lexus. At one point - I started questioning "Is Lexus good?" "Why are people talking bad about Lexus?" "Are they bad?". Then luckily - I found Lexus Enthusiasts which knocked some sense into me and realized ClubLexus was just a hostile Lexus forum rather than a forum that promotes Lexus.
I hope, hope, that Lexus Enthusiast gets bigger so it can be more of a core place for new and future Lexus owners to visit.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The problem with the toxicity and the hostility towards Lexus on a Lexus forum is that it'll swing and motivate people to buy other cars rather than Lexus (which could have been what they are originally set on). As a personal example: I started off visiting CL only in the beginning. Once I started looking through car chat often, I found tons and tons of negative comments about Lexus. At one point - I started questioning "Is Lexus good?" "Why are people talking bad about Lexus?" "Are they bad?". Then luckily - I found Lexus Enthusiasts which knocked some sense into me and realized ClubLexus was just a hostile Lexus forum rather than a forum that promotes Lexus.
I hope, hope, that Lexus Enthusiast gets bigger so it can be more of a core place for new and future Lexus owners to visit.

No luxury automaker is perfect but I'd like to think that Lexus is closer to perfect than the others (Lexus could always improve). Sure others may have strengths such as Mercedes and BMW with their performance lines (AMG, (seems like almost every Mercedes model has an AMG version) and M). Lexus does have holes in their F performance line and is behind compared to it's counterparts. Lexus please bring more F performance models:

IS F (this should have been around to compete with the M3 and C63 AMG)
LC F (this will come but can't wait which will compete with the M8 and S63 coupe AMG)
LS F (bring a high performance V8 for the LS and an M7 will follow, I believe there's an S63/S65 AMG Sedan)
LQ F (needed to bring this yesterday to compete with X6 M/X5 M and GLE 43/63)
GQ F (needed to bring this yesterday to compete with X4 M/X3 M and GLC 43/63)

There are other models Lexus could bring to the table:

ES 350 C/300h C (ES coupe based off of the Toyota Solara)
IS Sportcross (bring back the IS wagon to compete with the Audi A4 wagon)
RC convertible (compete with 4 Series convertible)
LC convertible (compete with 8 Series convertible)
LX 570L (based off the Toyota Sequoia)
LT 570 (based off the Toyota Tundra)
LM 350 (based off the Toyota Vellfire/Alphard)
CT 250h (bring back luxury hatchback with a bigger motor)
Electric vehicles to compete with the likes of Tesla...

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Once upon a time, a long long time ago I was a member there. I agree with the overall sentiment of this thread. I could fill a book worth of my experiences there, but I prefer not to talk about that place.

As always, HUGE thanks to krew for making this site and this forum possible along with everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.