Compliment.....not a suggestion.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I actually want to make a compliment, not a suggestion....but I guess this is the best place to do it.

I want to commend most of you guys (and ladies, as applicable) here on LE for the generally civil and polite way that this forum posts and operates. I've seen other car forums (I won't use any names) that are larger and get more traffic than this one, but, unfortunately, end up with a lot of baiting/trolling, personal barbs, sarcasm, and, often, several people ganging up on one person they may not agree with. What should be a civil conversation, too often, becomes a pi**ing contest. I rarely, if ever, see that here....especially in the last couple of years. True, we're not huge, and we don't get a lot of constant traffic/posting, but, to compensate, what we do get is clearly a case of quality over quantity. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I actually want to make a compliment, not a suggestion....but I guess this is the best place to do it.

I want to commend most of you guys (and ladies, as applicable) here on LE for the generally civil and polite way that this forum posts and operates. I've seen other car forums (I won't use any names) that are larger and get more traffic than this one, but, unfortunately, end up with a lot of baiting/trolling, personal barbs, sarcasm, and, often, several people ganging up on one person they may not agree with. What should be a civil conversation, too often, becomes a pi**ing contest. I rarely, if ever, see that here....especially in the last couple of years. True, we're not huge, and we don't get a lot of constant traffic/posting, but, to compensate, what we do get is clearly a case of quality over quantity. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much, @mmcartalk!

I would never say the size of the forum is by design, but it was a conscious decision not to emphasize vehicle troubleshooting. There are other sites for people that love their personal car, but this forum is for people that love the Lexus brand. It's a subtle but important difference.

(We're also very lucky to have a great number of intelligent posters like yourself. :))

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed! Let's give it up :party: for everyone involved that made this site possible, and this forum possible!

As a Toyota and Lexus fan, I am deeply grateful and appreciative for having a mature and civilized Lexus site like this exist, that emphasizes discussion for and by Lexus enthusiasts, and also welcomes Toyota enthusiasts in general, and discussion about Toyota.