Apple, Android, or Microsoft?

Do you prefer Apple, Android, or Microsoft tech?

• Happy with Apple.

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Happy with Android.

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Happy with Microsoft.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Dislike them all!

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
What phone, tablet, or computer platform do you prefer? Are you brand agnostic, a "hater", or a loyal follower?
Reveal your preference and let's talk tech!

android-logo.png
iphone.png
Microsoft-logo-square-256x256.png

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Ok, so I' know I'm going against the majority by stating I prefer Microsoft products! (you're probably searching for the Dislike button - LOL)

Apple just doesn't do it for me mostly due to its higher price and restrictive capacity expansion and proprietary hardware connectivity.

Don't mind Android for its expansive apps library, but these devices become a performance and battery drain hog quickly.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've moved from PC to Mac...I used to really dislike Apple products....I got a shuffle as a gift and let it rot, until I decided to use it one day and thought "wow this is pretty cool and easy"....eventually going to an iPhone 3-6 and dropping my Sony PC for a MAC and now Mac Air and of course iPads and the Air....and then my family all moved to Apple....

I just find them durable, lightweight and good for traveling, easy to use and they boot up so quickly....

Though I have to say this latest iPhone6 of mine has been the most problematic product of theirs and I would dump it.

I've used Android products and have no issues with them, they are just currently not really for me but I could use them.

As for Microsoft, my wife has an ACER laptop she got as a gift and I feel bad cause the software is just maddening. She complains all the time about it and when I've used it it makes me want to throw it into Biscayne Bay lol..

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Been a Mac user for 17 years, my first was a 12' Powerbook G4. Absolutely loved that computer, and was so happy to get away from Windows. I've owned Mac laptops exclusively (except for a Mac mini I use as a home server), and currently run an 11" Macbook Air, an iPhone 6, and an iPad mini.

Of all the Apple products I've owned, the iPhone 6 is my least favorite due to its size. I regret upgrading from the iPhone 5. Also not crazy about the new Yosemite OS on my Macbook, which feels less stable than I like. Probably from the fact that I run all the betas. :p

I can't see switching to Android or Windows now with the thousands of dollars I've spent on apps and software. I'll just be waiting it out and hoping it gets better.

Great topic, one of my favorites!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
LOL, I knew I'd be on the minority here, no surprises. Full disclosure, we have two iPods for my kids in the household and they love it, I just haven't warmed up to it... yet.

I'm really liking my Windows Nokia 830 phone I've had for 5 months now more than I expected (had two Android and several BB devices prior for many years). Native Qi charging I get to take advantage of in my NX, great quality camera, best battery life I've experienced (half a day more than my past devices under similar use), native Office integration, expanded it to 128GB, and I like the Metro interface and live tiles. The downsides are poor app-support and occasional sluggish double-tap response to wake up the phone.

I also have a Windows RT tablet (typing with this) which I'm very happy with from a stability, durability, battery life, and price/value standpoint. Windows has come a long way from a reliability standpoint.

Switching gears a little, Apple Watch comments/impressions?

moky

Founding Member
Reactions
been a mac user for the last 15 years bec of all the problems windows has, but the funny thing is that ios feels very different from mac os, hence always been an android user (well, bb and symbian before :p) really wished nokia went from symbian to android or had it interfaced with android

moky

Founding Member
Reactions
maybe they'll release a 15" pro retina in gold..now that would be awesome!
probably the only one here wishing for the 17" to come out again

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
maybe they'll release a 15" pro retina in gold..now that would be awesome!
probably the only one here wishing for the 17" to come out again
I miss my 17" pro, it gave me 6 good years before it finally died(aside from all the battery and heat issues, haha). That was such a great computer when I had to do photo editing on the go. But my 15" retina pro has been good to me as well and the HDMI and thunderbolt outputs work for needing more screen real estate :)

BOOSTEDLEX

Premium Member
Reactions
There is too much I could say here, but I'll will try to make it brief. I have been a Mac user since 1984. (That says enough right there) Yes every one since the beginning. That being said, I have always been around a multi operating system environments as I still am today. Before Apple came out with the "iPhone", I used many others that some of you may or may not recall. (The huge Brick phone, a lot of Nokia's, Crackberry's, LG's, Motorola, heck even many SideKicks) If Apple never came out with a phone I would of been using my SideKick. After Danger stopped making the software and T-Mobile switched to an Android system and it went down hill for me. Never like the interfaces and functionality as much as the original.

Currently I'm using and iPhone 6 Plus 128GB which took me about 2weeks to get used to the size of it. I can't go back to a smaller phone after this. That 2hrs of extra battery and the image stabilization is great. Only issue for me is this IOS 8 wasn't as stable in the beginig as the previous IOS 7. Still prefer it over Android because it's more fluid and a much cleaner interface and I don't like that face that 80% of the software on there take your information without you even knowing. (Happened to few friends of mine already) probably because they will let any app in. Hey at least it's not like using a BlackBerry where your going through the menus and depending on how far your in the sub levels, you would have to hit that back button that many times.

That's not to say nothing can be improved. If it does for any software/brand and they make a really great phone I will be interested in it. Like right now the "Black Phone" by Slient Circle runs on a secure Android system. It's for secure and encrypted calls/text. To each there on though. I tried to make it brief.

mikeavelli

Reactions
There is too much I could say here, but I'll will try to make it brief. I have been a Mac user since 1984. (That says enough right there) Yes every one since the beginning. That being said, I have always been around a multi operating system environments as I still am today. Before Apple came out with the "iPhone", I used many others that some of you may or may not recall. (The huge Brick phone, a lot of Nokia's, Crackberry's, LG's, Motorola, heck even many SideKicks) If Apple never came out with a phone I would of been using my SideKick. After Danger stopped making the software and T-Mobile switched to an Android system and it went down hill for me. Never like the interfaces and functionality as much as the original.

Currently I'm using and iPhone 6 Plus 128GB which took me about 2weeks to get used to the size of it. I can't go back to a smaller phone after this. That 2hrs of extra battery and the image stabilization is great. Only issue for me is this IOS 8 wasn't as stable in the beginig as the previous IOS 7. Still prefer it over Android because it's more fluid and a much cleaner interface and I don't like that face that 80% of the software on there take your information without you even knowing. (Happened to few friends of mine already) probably because they will let any app in. Hey at least it's not like using a BlackBerry where your going through the menus and depending on how far your in the sub levels, you would have to hit that back button that many times.

That's not to say nothing can be improved. If it does for any software/brand and they make a really great phone I will be interested in it. Like right now the "Black Phone" by Slient Circle runs on a secure Android system. It's for secure and encrypted calls/text. To each there on though. I tried to make it brief.

I recall certain Apple products in your car too :D

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Of all the Apple products I've owned, the iPhone 6 is my least favorite due to its size. I regret upgrading from the iPhone 5. Also not crazy about the new Yosemite OS on my Macbook, which feels less stable than I like. Probably from the fact that I run all the betas. :p

So this blew up on me today, with my Macbook Air going full-on crazy and not working at all. It actually started yesterday during the RX coverage, but I managed to hold it together.

Had to reformat my Macbook for the first time ever -- luckily I'm obsessive about making backups.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Ok, so I' know I'm going against the majority by stating I prefer Microsoft products! (you're probably searching for the Dislike button - LOL)

Apple just doesn't do it for me mostly due to its higher price and restrictive capacity expansion and proprietary hardware connectivity.

Don't mind Android for its expansive apps library, but these devices become a performance and battery drain hog quickly.

Microsoft user here as well. Pretty much agree with everything you said, that's why I stick with Microsoft.

So this blew up on me today, with my Macbook Air going full-on crazy and not working at all. It actually started yesterday during the RX coverage, but I managed to hold it together.

Had to reformat my Macbook for the first time ever -- luckily I'm obsessive about making backups.

Wow sorry to hear that, I've been through that in the past, it's always a terrible experience. Yeah frequent backups are really important.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I will be picking up my first Android phone sometimes next week, the Sony Xperia Z3...

http://store.sony.com/xperia-z3-lte-zid27-M/XZ3D6603/cat-27-catid-collections-xperia-z3?vva_ColorCode=FFFFFF&_t=pfm=category

It will not replace my iPhone 6 but replace another line and I want to try it out. Honestly my iPhone 6 has been rather problematic and that is the last thing I need since I conduct so much business on the phone.\

Just don't load too many apps on the Android, and you should be okay :). Yeah for business a reliable phone is paramount.