Lexus October 2017 Sales Report

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-11-01-lexus-lx-october-sales.jpg

Lexus SUVs and crossovers set an all-time sales record for the sixth month in a row.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Great SUV sales... When they bring out UX and RX-L, they have quite a chance to do even 20k SUV sales on certain months.

More basic GX would bring out regular 20k SUV sales per month totals

James

Founding Member
Reactions
So since sedan sales are awful is it easier to find great deals on IS/ES/GS or no...?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
So since sedan sales are awful is it easier to find great deals on IS/ES/GS or no...?

it should be... stock numbers seem high for all "sedans", even the LC.

On the other hand, SUVs have much smaller stock, per average day on lot.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Lexus really needs a more aggressive road map. Audi will drop 7 brand new models with 17 new trim variations in-between new and current models in 2018, while Lexus stands at 3 so far (LS, RX-L, UX), possibly RC refresh and maybe LC-F.

RX-L and UX are probably bigger sale gainers for Lexus than what Audi will get with their "17 trim variations". It is just PR. IS and NX are facelifted in past month, LC has been released for few months, so thats 4 updated vehicles in 6 months.

Also ES is likely coming by the end of 2018 too.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
All they need, as well as everyone else, is SUVs... some big... some small.. some in between... some like coupes.

No bigger proof than Rav4 vs Camry. Rav4 sales 60% bigger than all new Camry, which is at least 60% better vehicle than old Rav4, at lower price.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
With Mercedes expected to take the 2017 luxury vehicle overall sales crown in the U.S. (and the BMW/Lexus race for second place too close to call), it's worth noting that Lexus nonetheless holds an unequivocal lead over the Germans when it comes to SUV/CUV sales. Per a Bloomberg article
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...f-the-great-american-suv-race-in-three-charts
the numbers are as follows for January-October 2017 in the U.S.:

Lexus: 156,874
Mercedes-Benz: 130,128
BMW: 104,443

The biggest surprise shocker, however, is Volvo's XC60/XC90 combo (40,341 sales) outselling Cadillac's XT5/Escalade combo (29,863).

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
RX-L and UX are probably bigger sale gainers for Lexus than what Audi will get with their "17 trim variations". It is just PR. IS and NX are facelifted in past month, LC has been released for few months, so thats 4 updated vehicles in 6 months.

Also ES is likely coming by the end of 2018 too.

The IS was facelifted last year in late 2016/Q1 2017, likely not due until mid-2020. Seeing that it was going to be revealed in Tokyo (where I just came from to Dallas) and the BMW insider was partly wrong (cuz LS+), I am convinced that my Lexus China info might be more accurate once again for MY2021.

Reactions: RAL

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
11 CTs sold in Canada vs 10 in the US? That's a first! Both dismal numbers of course.

Still surprising to me is how the GX is doing so well despite the outdated interior and ride.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The IS was facelifted last year in late 2016/Q1 2017, likely not due until mid-2020. Seeing that it was going to be revealed in Tokyo (where I just came from to Dallas) and the BMW insider was partly wrong (cuz LS+), I am convinced that my Lexus China info might be more accurate once again for MY2021.

I am not sure why was i under impression that it was just few months ago, I would guess due to the changes that they made for crash protection.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Still surprising to me is how the GX is doing so well despite the outdated interior and ride.

Well, it's got some things going for it. It's well-made, durable, has three-row seating, can carry and tow a good-sized load with its body-on-frame construction, and can be had for a lot less than an LX.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I had a chance to see proper IS facelift with intended Premium LED headlights and the difference is night and day. Those regular/standard LED lights come off as some cheap aftermarket plug n play stuff.

Overall I think IS facelift is very much misguided, they made some changes for sake of changes and they just made it worse. I'm not going to comment too much on front, especially the questionable shape of the headlights which do not flow with new bumper extrusion. It's a complete miss. But they didn't need to touch taillight cluster direction at all. Instead of powerful horizontal lines we got some curvy stuff that takes away from the stance, yes it follows the bumper cut but it doesn't utilize the shape of the taillight properly. Kind of similar what they did with 2nd gen IS facelift when they introduced those tiny reverse light L white lines which made the whole cluster weak looking. Same thing is going on with this facelift.