10th Anniversary Lexus GS F & Lexus RC F Special Edition

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-10-24-lexus-gs-f-special-edition.jpg

Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the IS F and the F brand.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
Are we likely to see a new (facelifted) version of the RC F soon? This special edition comes with a 10.3 inch screen - hint much?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I was expecting a Supra from Toyota a GS concept from Lexus even a facelift GX to match the recently facelifted Prado or maybe RX-L or even the next generation ES but nothing except pure concepts

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I was expecting a Supra from Toyota a GS concept from Lexus even a facelift GX to match the recently facelifted Prado or maybe RX-L or even the next generation ES but nothing except pure concepts

GX is not sold in Japan at all and I doubt RX-L would be interesting there either.

Toyota showed new Crown, looks great... I guess Supra will be shown at some US show? Thats interesting.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not so sure about the blue interiors, but I love everything else about these two special editions!

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@spwolf

All what I mean is that there are a lot of production models waiting to be appeared in both Toyota and Lexus lineups
And most of what Toyota and Lexus concepts in this TMS are pure concepts
Only Crown and Century, I love both maybe even more than Lexus but neither will be sold out of the rising sun market

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@spwolf

All what I mean is that there are a lot of production models waiting to be appeared in both Toyota and Lexus lineups
And most of what Toyota and Lexus concepts in this TMS are pure concepts
Only Crown and Century, I love both maybe even more than Lexus but neither will be sold out of the rising sun market

Well Tokyo is generally all about concepts really... Toyota has so many cars in Japan, they just release them before they go on sale, it is very rare that they are presented at Tokyo show.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus did have better SEs in past than this. This GS SE still can't touch Lexus GS Passionate Black.

GS Passionate Black was my jam. They sold 5 in Canada, and I actually spotted one in a driveway. Pulled right in and knocked on the door, owner let me look inside.

:kissing_heart:

mikeavelli

Reactions

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I missed GS Passionate Black back when it happened (I hadn't yet found LE and "that other place" wasn't my style) but I just looked it up and now I totally endorse knocking on random peoples' doors to see it. If you could get that in an LS I would never sell the car.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I missed GS Passionate Black back when it happened (I hadn't yet found LE and "that other place" wasn't my style) but I just looked it up and now I totally endorse knocking on random peoples' doors to see it. If you could get that in an LS I would never sell the car.

so what do people do to take care of red carpeting?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I wonder if matte paint is difficult to keep clean?
Normally, it's trickier and more delicate than regular gloss paint (if I remember correctly, folks opting for the Hyundai Veloster's factory matte paint option were admonished not to run it through an automated car wash). Lexus, however, notes in its official 10th Anniversary RC F / GS F U.S. news release that:

Particular care was taken to assure that the unique finish was durable enough for the rigors of everyday use, including the ability to withstand the average mechanized car wash without degrading the quality of the finish.

mikeavelli

Reactions
With BMW/Mercedes you are advised not to use a car wash, hand wash only and lightly. Also if the car is in an accident its a PITA to color match.

But there is nothing like a beautiful matte OEM job.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Very cool but realistically how many are they going to sell?

I really like this new blue color scheme but it really needs to be an optional feature because Lexus always have limited interior options.