Photo Gallery: Lexus GS F on the Streets of New York

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-07-lexus-gs-f-in-the-wild-400x200.jpg

The Lexus GS F was caught on the streets of New York City prior to an appearance on Live! with Kelly & Michael.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks good. Tails are giving me Hyundai Sonata hybrid vibes for some reason.

I guess I'd have liked a little more aggression, but I'll wait to see what the final product looks like in person.

Reactions
I just love the stance of the car. Leaning forward, like the head of an arrow. Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The only weak part of the design for me, the tails, I have warmed up to quite quickly after seeing these real-world pics. As always the case with Lexus designs, the intricate and subtle details only fully come out in real world pics, and more so seeing in real life. The tails in studio pics looked a bit tacky to me, but now in the real world pics I can see the tails are in fact much darker, and they fit very well with the carbon fiber trim pieces and spoiler on the car.

I'm REALLY loving the look now! Can't wait for more details and more pics and preview drives!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
As always the case with Lexus designs, the intricate and subtle details only fully come out in real world pics, and more so seeing in real life. The tails in studio pics looked a bit tacky to me, but now in the real world pics I can see the tails are in fact much darker, and they fit very well with the carbon fiber trim pieces and spoiler on the car.

This is such an important point -- Lexus vehicles have been difficult to photograph since the IS F, in my opinion.

The GS F looks fantastic in real life -- I was lucky enough to see it in person, and it was instantly my favorite Lexus. The update on the GS design is well thought out, and the whole thing is very modern.

For all the complaints about a lack of horsepower, i rarely ever see anything negative about the exterior design.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Very well said, agreed 100% :).

Edit: I would even argue that Lexus vehicles have been hard to photograph since the debut of L-Finesse styled models, starting with the 2IS and 3GS. I remember 2IS and 3GS studio shots, and both models looked quite awkward in studio shots, but looked certainly better in real life.

Last edited:

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
You guys will be mad about Chris Harris's latest editorial about Lexus. #SorryNotSorry but I really do side with him on almost all points. F brand is diluted and lost... #NoDirection