High-Performance Lexus LS F Prototype Spotted in Europe?

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus has been spotted testing an unusual-looking LS prototype in Southern Europe, raising questions about what is the company planning for the near future.

The prototype was wearing the company’s spider-web front grille which had extra cuts and holes in it, which leads us to believe that there’s an engine in there that requires more fresh air and additional cooling.

At the back, the Lexus LS prototype wears a rear spoiler and the Hybrid version’s bumper with no visible exhaust pipes but the sound coming out of the car was louder than usual. We can also spot Lexus’ effort to hide a badge glued on the lower part of the rear doors.

Lexus has already revealed the LS500 F Sport which currently is the sportiest version of the range but it only offers upgraded suspension and brakes, with the 415hp twin-turbo V6 engine remaining unchanged over the regular models.

Should this be a more powerful and dynamic derivative of the Lexus LS, then expect it to offer the same big numbers as produced by the Mercedes-AMG S-Class. Lexus may solve the mystery pretty soon too, as the car could be heading to the Frankfurt Motor Show either in production or concept form.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/scoop-is-lexus-working-on-hotter-ls.html

Lexus-LS-2.jpg

Lexus-LS-4.jpg

Lexus-LS-6.jpg

Lexus-LS-7.jpg

Lexus-LS-11.jpg

Lexus-LS-13.jpg

Lexus-LS-14.jpg

Lexus-LS-15.jpg

Lexus-LS-16.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus Could Have a High Performance LS in the Pipeline

If new spy photos are any indication, Lexus could be preparing a high-performance version of its new 2018 LS full-size sedan.

Spy photographers caught this prototype undergoing hot weather testing in Southern Europe recently, but it wasn’t the car’s appearance that piqued their interest. The prototype does look a bit curious with additional cooling vents worked into the grille and a subtle trunk spoiler not previously seen on LS F-Sport models, but according to photographers, it was the extra-loud exhaust note that made this test vehicle stand out.

It seems possible that Lexus could have a full-fledged LS F model in the works. The automaker already offers an F-Sport appearance package on the 415 horsepower twin-turbo V6 LS500, so it’s clear they are interested in injecting their full-size sedan with at least some sport-inspired components. If an LS F did make it to market, it would find stiff competition in the way of the BMW M760Li and Mercedes-AMG S63.

It’s possible Lexus could debut a new LS variant at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show in September. However, seeing as the LS is a model well-suited to the North American market, we’re willing to bet that any LS variants it has in the pipeline will be shown at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show in December or the 2018 Detroit Auto Show in January.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/08/lexus-high-performance-ls-pipeline.html

farid

Premium Member
Reactions
thnaks for the news

why uper the ligte near the hood is damage??????

Last edited by a moderator:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Color me skeptical that this is a full-on LS F prototype. Where are the signature F diagonal front fender vents? And, as others have mentioned, no exposed exhaust outlets (and those would be diagonally stacked if this were a true LS F). I'll go with the developing consensus here that, at most, they're testing a V8 hybrid successor to the LS 600h.

Serpens

Fan
Reactions
I'm very curious to see how this will be received. Is this a push too far for the typical Lexus consumer? I'd have to imagine this car will be quite expensive and will likely be positioned for conquest sales.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Color me skeptical that this is a full-on LS F prototype. Where are the signature F diagonal front fender vents? And, as others have mentioned, no exposed exhaust outlets (and those would be diagonally stacked if this were a true LS F). I'll go with the developing consensus here that, at most, they're testing a V8 hybrid successor to the LS 600h.

I agree with your point the only other logical explanation is maybe they are testing the LSF engine and transmission with the regular LS body but that won't explain the trunk spoiler(but that's an easy add on). or maybe this is the LS600h replacement (one can hope). About the exhaust outlet, if you look under the car in the rear picture you will notice there is an exhaust there and I think the tips are pointing down. And the person that took the picture said the car was unusually loud.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
New twin turbo engine being tested on the upcoming LS F
Bypassed exhaust most probably hence the loud noise.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
A classic ToMoCo mule meant to confuse and bewilder. Taped-up hybrid badges, a modified front bumper, a loud engine yet no visible exhaust, a very high ride height, and rather large rear spoiler, plus some wrap on at least part of the car. Also notice the tires are not that wide. My guess is this is a powertrain mule at best, not a full vehicle prototype. If this were a full LS F prototype, I'd expect more pronounced bodywork, a lower ride height, and wider tires.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
My guesses is if LS already have 3 different V6s (3.5 NA / 3.5 H / 3.5 TT), why it won't have the same but with the V8 as (5.0 NA / 5.0 H / 5.0 TT)
*the NA 5.0 467hp from the LC 500 may be turn out as LS 550 to go with the new Benz S 560 469hp
*the H 5.0 to be around 530hp as the second generation LS600h as to go against the S 600 with the same hp
*the TT 5.0 to be the LS - F over 600 to go around the new 63 and the 65 powers 612hp to 630hp respectively

the engine is already here the 5.0 in its turbo form can be taken from the LS650 TMG and the NA engine can already be taken from the LC directly,

So nothing need new R&D even
Because it will really be a total waste of money if Lexus didn't get the latest tech done in the LS 650 TMG

Last edited:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
My guesses is if LS already have 3 different V6s (3.5 NA / 3.5 H / 3.5 TT), why it won't have the same but with the V8 as (5.0 NA / 5.0 H / 5.0 TT)
*the NA 5.0 467hp from the LC 500 may be turn out as LS 550 to go with the new Benz S 560 469hp
*the H 5.0 to be around 530hp as the second generation LS600h as to go against the S 600 with the same hp
*the TT 5.0 to be the LS - F over 600 to go around the new 63 and the 65 powers 612hp to 630hp respectively

the engine is already here the 5.0 in its turbo form can be taken from the LS650 TMG and the NA engine can already be taken from the LC directly,

So nothing need new R&D even
Because it will really be a total waste of money if Lexus didn't get the latest tech done in the LS 650 TMG

Not a bad Idea especially the TMG LS part

mikeavelli

Reactions
The thing is the LS using the 500 description even though it is not the 5.0 V-8. The LC is 500 with the V-8 and hybrid. The LS is with the ttV-6 and hybrid. So a V-8 LS with that engine certainly isn't coming. It would a third 500 lol.