Video Comparison: Lexus LC 500 vs. Aston Martin DB11

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-07-10-lexus-lc-vs-aston-martin-db11.jpg

The two coupes go toe-to-toe on performance.
View the original article post

mikeavelli

Reactions
Having inspected both in person I find the LC the better looking vehicle which is mind blowing for me to write. I did prefer the previous DB9 and DBS which I consider perfect. I find the new details on the DB11 fussy. One way or the other no matter which one you prefer they both are stunning and its amazing to see it Lexus included in such talks.

Reactions
The Aston Martin is so tricky to launch because the torque builds at the top of every gear. If you get it wrong, (90% of the time) then it's pretty much even with the LC in terms of performance. (Best launch: 3.9 seconds) Neither of the cars in this video were necessarily launch tested, but it does prove that four-wheel steering does more than what paper can explain.

Reactions
I'm sure the Aston will be much more reliable in the long run though :)
Lexus did one of these AMCI videos for the RC F I believe.
I totally agree with Mikeavelli on the way the Aston looks. Previous Aston model styling had an understated exotic quality that was in it's own class. The DB11 has too many styling gimmicks that aren't even unique. Some could say the LC has some styling gimmicks, but they are purely Lexus and unique to the LC. This will age well.
For a car that Lexus (rightfully) claims is not a track car, it surely put that $255,000 Aston Martin in it's place.
Going to drive one on Thursday.

Last edited:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Having inspected both in person I find the LC the better looking vehicle which is mind blowing for me to write...... One way or the other no matter which one you prefer they both are stunning and its amazing to see it Lexus included in such talks.

agreed, it is truly amazing that Lexus has a car that is taken very seriously in this lineup and compares very well to the Aston Martin (as well as other similar cars). Lexus is accomplishing a lot with the LC. Its a great statement about the direction of Lexus and the quality of their work. It is soo true that both the LC and the DB11 are stunning. I really like the look of the DB and its wheels!! I continue to be completely taken by the LC.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Aston is the only other car I would buy besides Lexus (if I happen to ever have 100s of thousands of dollars lying around...small detail) but the LC looks better. I always loved Aston due to my love of James Bond movies but besides engine the Aston doesn't seem to really be that much better than the LC. I really think this comparison just shows how bad Lexus needs an LCF to really compete with the next level because with an LCF Lexus would flat out win that comparison.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
To me, the LC is already a huge success for Lexus. In two months, it has sold almost 850 units in the US. If we assume that the rest of the world sells half of that amount, the LC has already broken the 1,000 unit sale mark -- twice what the previous halo car LFA sold. Even though the LFA is a limited run production, we see in the LC the spirit of the LFA and the future direction of the Lexus brand.

Not to mention all of the accolades/awards that the car has garnered. Let's hope it wins the North American Car of the Year award!

Reactions
Other thing interesting more than about number ..:eek::eek::eek:

I think LC500 is look so damn good even put Aston martin DB11 next to it !?!?!?!

it 's UNIQUE , BEAUTIFUL not like copycat Aston BMW 8 Series concept.

but LC should have more interior colour choice and trim just like DB11. :oops::oops:

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
They are both absolutely stunning. I wonder how do the interiors compare. Aston Martin is all hand crafted by masters in their fields. Lexus claims the same, but also uses new techniques (like the wood/alu trim in the RX). Are they comparable? That doubling up on the price can't just all go to the engine in the Aston.

Edit. Wow. The music those car makes during the acceleration up to the slalom test is amazing. A deep rumble from the TT V12 and a very raw sounding high performance V8. What a time to be alive!

Last edited:

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I always thought the LC was Aston Martinish (Martinesque?) good looking, but with the positive acceptance and accolades for the LC, I hope Lexus doesn't raise its price.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Impressive the LC is tied in performance to the 2x costly DB11. Love the LC, I can't imagine what an LCF would have done to the Aston.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I always thought the LC was Aston Martinish (Martinesque?) good looking, but with the positive acceptance and accolades for the LC, I hope Lexus doesn't raise its price.

I don't think the plan is to raise the price of the LC. The LC really is the future and it attracts so much attention and highlights Lexus new direction; raising the price would potentially discourage some customers. They will raise the price with the LC F (substantially, but I really hope not too much).

They are both absolutely stunning. I wonder how do the interiors compare. Aston Martin is all hand crafted by masters in their fields. Lexus claims the same, but also uses new techniques (like the wood/alu trim in the RX). Are they comparable? That doubling up on the price can't just all go to the engine in the Aston.

The interior of the LC is incredible. it's pretty well all hand stitched leather, metal. It is nothing like the RX. There is no wood - like material. I have never seen the inside of an Aston up close, but I can attest that the LC's interior is simply magnificent!

I do think that a wider range of choices would be good, or at least combining options. But the wider range of different colors would, perhaps, increase the price a tad. From a production point of view, the fewer options, the easier it is