Lexus Announces Updated 2018 CT 200h Hatchback

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-06-14-lexus-ct-fsport-.jpg

New headlights plus an updated to the front and rear.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Overall a very good looking refresh, looks much more modern. The fact that the horizontal grille slats are gone and replaced with mesh grille even on the non- F Sport models is further proof that soon the whole lineup will only have mesh grilles.

My only gripe about the design is the DRLs that are placed above the main lamps. Kinda would look weird coming from behind you mirror. Reminds me of todays teenage girls who overdo their eyebrows and they look hideous lol.

RDS

Fan
Reactions
Lexus just didn't want to kill the CT just yet, huh? Although the latest facelift is a good looking one!

D

DDas

I'm digging these non-FSport mesh grilles! They give base models such a classy, yet, sporty look which *should* be the Lexus image. The checkmark LEDs are interestingly placed...I cannot tell if I like them or not. Other than that, I think it looks great overall. The red taillights were needed IMO. Not sure if I speak for all Lexus fans in the USA, but we'll miss ya, CT - like actually miss you unlike the HS which no one cared for to begin with.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I think these updates are fantastic. I just don't understand why they won't build a next generation CT AND bring the UX.

Totally agreed! I love theses updates but please make the 2CT already. Wish lists include an inch wider and an inch longer. Cupholders in the back seat, more luxury and refinement. Expand the CT as well to include CT 200h and CT 300h and maybe a CT 200t?

Bring the UX as well. SUV's are so hot now. Both the UX and CT can co-exist. By keeping the CT and introducing the UX this just expands Lexus lineup. BMW has so many models and variants, Lexus needs more models and variants as well. Some models overlap as well such as the X1, 3 series wagon and 3 series GT which are all great. Lexus needs to keep up. Bring the UX, heck bring back the IS sportcross as well and IS 300h...

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
The changes look great. The non F-sport model looks classy and sporty at the same time. In this iteration, the standard CT looks better than the F-sport which is a reverse from the usual. I'm assuming that this is why Lexus stopped sales of the CT in the US -- to make way for the new CT. Unless it truly is discontinued?

(Also, is it necessary for Lexus models to have almost 8-10 year long generation cycles? Geez.)

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
Jumped off this CT bandwagon and I'm so happy we did not buy it. Pretty disappointing hatch imo. This refresh looks great but way too damn late. *Same story over n over* Late to the game.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Jumped off this CT bandwagon and I'm so happy we did not buy it. Pretty disappointing hatch imo. This refresh looks great but way too damn late. *Same story over n over* Late to the game.

According to the report over 300,000 are sold. And its Lexus only model that is hybrid only. That is not an insignificant number :)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Since UX250h is trademarked, I can see next CT getting that powertrain while Auris stays with Prius one.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
According to the report over 300,000 are sold. And its Lexus only model that is hybrid only. That is not an insignificant number :)

They could have sold 800k a year & its still a disappointing hatch imo. Somewhat like an ES. Cash cow but its a no frills, no thrills kinda car. Got all the 411 during our dealership visits. The amount of 'Nothing' of things you can't get in the CT is pretty sad. Tbh, we would have bought it if at minimum they optioned an AWD. Prob won't care what power train or lack of features inside outside. AWD was big deal for us. So.. not a very big fan of this hatch. If they sold the Merc or Bimmer hatches here this would be embarrassed. But thats another story.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
They could have sold 800k a year & its still a disappointing hatch imo. Somewhat like an ES. Cash cow but its a no frills, no thrills kinda car. Got all the 411 during our dealership visits. The amount of 'Nothing' of things you can't get in the CT is pretty sad. Tbh, we would have bought it if at minimum they optioned an AWD. Prob won't care what power train or lack of features inside outside. AWD was big deal for us. So.. not a very big fan of this hatch. If they sold the Merc or Bimmer hatches here this would be embarrassed. But thats another story.

you have to realize that you are in particular situation... AWD is bought by something like 8% buyers. Actually they did sell Audi hatches and they did get outsold easily by CT200h :).

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
you have to realize that you are in particular situation... AWD is bought by something like 8% buyers. Actually they did sell Audi hatches and they did get outsold easily by CT200h :).

Yeah i have special ed needs.

But not able to change seat colors? C'mon thats so basic. But its no biggie i suppose. Imo it could have been so much fiercer.

Good. Glad to hear they outsold that Vag. *hate em* heh

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Yeah i have special ed needs.

But not able to change seat colors? C'mon thats so basic. But its no biggie i suppose. Imo it could have been so much fiercer.

Good. Glad to hear they outsold that Vag. *hate em* heh

well in Europe they had some colors to it but by now it is old model, so yeah, it is not that interesting... for new version if they do CT250h, it will certainly be a lot nicer.

Problem is that at these prices, why not buy new UX250h in the US? In Europe, there is larger difference in pricing, in USA they will likely both be around 30k+.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
well in Europe they had some colors to it but by now it is old model, so yeah, it is not that interesting... for new version if they do CT250h, it will certainly be a lot nicer.

Problem is that at these prices, why not buy new UX250h in the US? In Europe, there is larger difference in pricing, in USA they will likely both be around 30k+.

I'll take a look at this when the i get some service done later. It looks great compared to previous models.

Looking to add a luxo hatch. One missing piece in my tool box. Waiting to test and feel the rumored UX. Hopefully, it has enough of what Im looking for since Bimmer is keeping M135i/M140i hatch only in your region. You so lucky!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I'll take a look at this when the i get some service done later. It looks great compared to previous models.

Looking to add a luxo hatch. One missing piece in my tool box. Waiting to test and feel the rumored UX. Hopefully, it has enough of what Im looking for since Bimmer is keeping M135i/M140i hatch only in your region. You so lucky!

dont worry, most people here buy 3cly diesel ones, so ends up about the same... too much money for what it is. If you want it the way you want it, ends up very expensive.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Lexus just didn't want to kill the CT just yet, huh?

According to several sources (including this one) it is gone from the American market for 2018.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/lexus/lexus-ct-200h-dead/

f you were hoping for an updated Lexus CT 200h, you’ll be disappointed to hear that the hybrid hatchback won’t live past the 2017 model year in the U.S. According to a recent report, the CT 200h, which arrived in 2011 will be disappearing from Lexus’ US lineup, although it will continue to be sold in other markets.

The Lexus CT 200h will be replaced by the new UX crossover

Sales of the CT 200h have dropped off significantly since it was introduced, with only 8,903 units sold in 2016. Sales of the smallest Lexus model pale in comparison to the Mercedes-Benz CLA with 25,792 units sold in 2016 and the Audi A3 with 31,538 vehicles finding owners.

Related: Next-gen Lexus ES to replace the GS?

The CT 200h shares its powertrain with the previous-generation Toyota Prius, but with only a 42 mpg combined EPA rating, the hybrid hatchback is showing its age. This marks the second time that a standalone Lexus hybrid hasn’t made it past the first generation – remember the Lexus HS 250h?

What’s next? Lexus is working on a smaller subcompact crossover that will be related to the Toyota CH-R and called the Lexus UX. The Lexus UX will be offered with a hybrid powertrain, in addition to a conventional gas powered model.

Source: Car and Driver

asoksevil

Fan
Reactions
Do we know if the same engine is used? Or have they switched to the new one from the Prius?

The lack of information on the press releases makes me thing this is just a cosmetic package.