Lexus Collaborates with Mark Ronson on New LC Coupe Campaign

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-05-14-lexus-mark-ronson-collab.jpg

The Grammy Award-winning artist will help launch the new Lexus coupe.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Krew, that's great news (for us especially) that you're going to Spain for the Mark Ronson meet event.

I also think it's a great idea to link the LC with music. Whenever I think of a visual inspection of the LC in either a slide show or video format I always think that it must be paired with good music because the features of the LC are so striking and "musically inclined " :) that one really needs some decent tunes to accompany the images.

mikeavelli

Reactions
In addition (packing now last minute as always lol) I will be joining Lexus & KREW in Ibiza for this event representing Vossen Wheels. Lexus has been pretty tight lipped, even more so than the Miami event. This one is hosted by Lexus Europe and from what I can feel is part of their "Experience Amazing" brand re-launch along with of course the all new LC.

I'll be posting on my multiple social media avenues as well and will try to get videos up right away. I hope to update this thread quickly with pictures of the experience Realtime until KREW gets his official thread up.

https://www.youtube.com/mikeforsythe

https://www.instagram.com/mike_forsythe/

https://www.facebook.com/mikeforsythe13

mikeavelli

Reactions
KREW landed yesterday and I land shortly, currently typing this in Barcelona. We will be driving the LC on Wednesday and Thursday and there is a planned dinner on Thursday that I have a feeling will be nuts.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
KREW landed yesterday and I land shortly, currently typing this in Barcelona. We will be driving the LC on Wednesday and Thursday and there is a planned dinner on Thursday that I have a feeling will be nuts.

Looking forward to hearing about your ride in the LC (video too?) :)

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Have you (or anyone else) seen a LC with the carbon fiber lower grille insert? I can't find any decent images that show the insert. I suspect that it really looks great if you have a carbon fiber roof

mikeavelli

Reactions
Have you (or anyone else) seen a LC with the carbon fiber lower grille insert? I can't find any decent images that show the insert. I suspect that it really looks great if you have a carbon fiber roof

I have not and it seems even some af Lexus hadn't either.

After driving both models and staring at the LC seemingly for hours I am in love. What an amazing vehicle!!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I can't wait to actually drive one. I found Sato San's account of the differences between the LC and LC H in terms of driving quite interesting. The hybrid seems to have a faster response and smoother shift on acceleration (and impressive stats for speed as well). Thanks for your reporting from Spain. I've checked out your facebook posts and their great too!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I can't wait to actually drive one. I found Sato San's account of the differences between the LC and LC H in terms of driving quite interesting. The hybrid seems to have a faster response and smoother shift on acceleration (and impressive stats for speed as well). Thanks for your reporting from Spain. I've checked out your facebook posts and their great too!

Thank you. It is of my opinion that driving the gas and hybrid was pretty similar which is shocking to me. Transmissions in both are spectacular but the one in the hybrid really boggles the mind with how good it is. Now I understand the whole CVT x 4 speed automatic thing. No hybrid shifts like the 500h. Utterly superb.

Contrarily the LC 500 V-8 shifts just as good but with even more sense of occasion. Blipping the throttle and downshifting is instant and brings a true sense of occasion. Quite the old school feel in a new school car. I love LOVE it. We ran in a tunnel a couple of times downshifting and the sounds from the car are intoxicating.

Handling is sublime for such a heavy car and I'm sure every time you drive yours, you will be grinning ear to ear :)

Quick video of the yellow V-8 I drove, it was RHD!

mikeavelli

Reactions
So on Thursday we were told we were going to drive the LC again on a longer route in Ibiza. My comments are in the video description... utterly mind blowing experience...we were all surprised that individually we would be filming with the LC...

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
So on Thursday we were told we were going to drive the LC again on a longer route in Ibiza. My comments are in the video description... utterly mind blowing experience...we were all surprised that individually we would be filming with the LC...

What a great video! Thanks Mike! What a production for you as well. It was a dance party for a superstar car all to the tunes of Mark Ronson. What an experience it must have been! The video was well done. Lexus is really going all out. Experience Amazing!