LC 500 orders too exceed expectations

Reactions
Well, I just off the phone with the sales rep for my LC 500 and he told me that the orders for the LC 500 exceeded expectations and orders to Canada have been pushed back due to it. I was initially told that I would have mine by June but now they don't have an expected delivery date. It's bummed me out so bad but there's nothing that I can do but wait patiently. I only hope that I get a bit little of the summer with it. Anybody else get the bad news about LC?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Is your order for a late-production 2017 or a 2018? Plants typically shut down for a while in the summer, for retooling and re-supplying for the next model-year, which usually starts up in August. Then, it's usually a few more weeks until dealers start getting them.

I'm in that same boat on the new car I ordered. 2017 production shut down early (the very same day I put in my order), and I have to wait until the 2018 lines start up.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well, I just off the phone with the sales rep for my LC 500 and he told me that the orders for the LC 500 exceeded expectations and orders to Canada have been pushed back due to it. I was initially told that I would have mine by June but now they don't have an expected delivery date. It's bummed me out so bad but there's nothing that I can do but wait patiently. I only hope that I get a bit little of the summer with it. Anybody else get the bad news about LC?

Haven't heard this. Good news for Lexus but unfortunately not good news for you and others :(

Reactions
Is your order for a late-production 2017 or a 2018? Plants typically shut down for a while in the summer, for retooling and re-supplying for the next model-year, which usually starts up in August. Then, it's usually a few more weeks until dealers start getting them.

I'm in that same boat on the new car I ordered. 2017 production shut down early (the very same day I put in my order), and I have to wait until the 2018 lines start up.
I ordered my car February 17th and I was originally told that it would be here for June. I'm pretty sure that with the higher than expected orders, they are going to satisfy a large portion of the US orders then worry about the Canadian. It sucks and I feel that they should just fulfill the deliveries based on when the customers purchased. Nothing that I can do so I just have to wait patiently. It's just disappointing that I will miss more of the summer driving with the car.

Reactions
Haven't heard this. Good news for Lexus but unfortunately not good news for you and others :(
Tell me about it ... I have to stop reading about the car and watching video's on it because it's driving me crazy knowing that I have to wait even longer for the beast.

RAL

Reactions
No doubt your patience is sorely being tested ... I admire your grace under these unfortunate circumstances.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I ordered my car February 17th and I was originally told that it would be here for June. I'm pretty sure that with the higher than expected orders, they are going to satisfy a large portion of the US orders then worry about the Canadian. It sucks and I feel that they should just fulfill the deliveries based on when the customers purchased. Nothing that I can do so I just have to wait patiently. It's just disappointing that I will miss more of the summer driving with the car.

I'm very sorry to hear about this :(. I ordered my in the US in mid january. Luckily mine is in transit, but the pain of waiting can be trying.

Tell me about it ... I have to stop reading about the car and watching video's on it because it's driving me crazy knowing that I have to wait even longer for the beast.

God, I know what this is about. I have watched pretty well every LC video there is and read all reviews. It can be very frustrating waiting delivery. I sincerely hope your LC arrives in good time.

BTW: I am a Canadian too, but live in the US (dual citizen). I am offended that they are delaying deliveries for Canada in favor of filling them for the USA. What... why? are USA orders more important, or do they think that Canadians are more patient?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Seems initial production/sales targets are looking good. Lexus naturally is worried can they keep interest over the years and not just the first year. Just look at the RC.

Just as you said in an earlier post, I can't stop smiling when I see and drive this car. every day I get hoots, horn blasts, many double takes.

So, given the amazing response I am seeing from a wide range of people (most are not likely to buy a Lexus) about the LC, I am predicting that it will continue to garner interest over the next number of years. It is a very unique and incredibly attractive car.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Just as you said in an earlier post, I can't stop smiling when I see and drive this car. every day I get hoots, horn blasts, many double takes.

So, given the amazing response I am seeing from a wide range of people (most are not likely to buy a Lexus) about the LC, I am predicting that it will continue to garner interest over the next number of years. It is a very unique and incredibly attractive car.

I've also seen this. Friends of mine who have no interest in cars at all have commented to me about the LC. Let's hope that drives interest going further.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Had a conversation with Lexus recently and they are finding many Lexus customers are having a bit of sticker shock, not used to seeing a 100k Lexus Coupe. This was expected. They are also finding people that never considered a Lexus before who feel the asking price is a bargain. They are high earners. It seems if one wants to stand out for 100k, the LC for them is a great new choice instead of the usual 911/BMW etc..

Reactions
Just reminded me of this one I saw in MT:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/celebrity-drive-kevin-millar-mlb-network/
Kevin-Millar-with-1968-Camaro-2018-Lexus-LC-500-and-Ford-Shelby-F-150-01.jpg

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Had a conversation with Lexus recently and they are finding many Lexus customers are having a bit of sticker shock, not used to seeing a 100k Lexus Coupe. This was expected. They are also finding people that never considered a Lexus before who feel the asking price is a bargain. They are high earners. It seems if one wants to stand out for 100k, the LC for them is a great new choice instead of the usual 911/BMW etc..

Lexus is breaking the mold and the Lexus stereotypes with the LC. when one compares the cars in its class, it is a good deal. Also, it is just damn unique. If you save for a while, middle earners can grab one as well. Still lovin my LC, but my baby is sitting in the garage until warmer weather with less snow. I miss her!